Employment Type: Full Time - Salaried
We are looking for a Corporate Secretary to join our organization.
This role is based out of our Calgary, Alberta office and offers and offers an excellent compensation and benefits package.
As the Corporate Secretary you will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of the governance framework for the organization, being responsible for the efficient administration, ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements, and implementing decisions made by the Senior Executive team. This role requires a high level of organization, attention to detail and logistics, and an understanding of legal compliance. We commit to giving you the training, tools, support, and feedback required to be successful; achieving excellence is up to you.
- Coordinate with external counsel on the maintenance of corporate minute books.
- Maintaining all legal documents associated with each business entity. Able to provide support in drafting internally-generated legal documentation and in reviewing externally-generated legal documentation.
- Control of new and revised documents, ensuring all current approved documents are available and maintained and are accurate in the description; ensure quick, accurate retrieval of information.
- Administer and maintain the document control management process in accordance with policies, procedures, and Clients' standards: issuing, receiving and distributing all documents, filing, archiving all incoming and outgoing documentation (hard and electronic copies).
- Responsible for keeping and filing annual business registrations and any documents required by the government or other entities.
- Coordination of investor communication and scheduling of investor meetings. Distribution of all documents to required parties.
- Maintain current and accurate filing of acquisition documents in project folders: download files, upload files, print files as necessary.
- Providing project administrative support to the senior leadership and asset management team.
Education & Experience Required to be Successful
- Post-Secondary Diploma or Degree with a preference in Business Administration or paralegal studies
- Minimum 3 years of executive or corporate secretary experience
- Experience working in a large corporate or legal setting environment
This role is based out of our corporate office in Calgary, Alberta with a Monday to Friday 8 am to 5 pm schedule. This position is set in a fast-paced environment, with high levels of interaction with members of the senior leadership team and other stakeholders.
About Pomeroy Lodging
Pomeroy Lodging is Western Canada’s leader in hospitality and lodging. Driven to meet every need, we own and operate a comprehensive range of hotels and resorts throughout the West. Our investment goes well beyond the walls of our hotels and the land we build on. Pomeroy Lodging is committed to investing heavily in our people, properties, and communities.