Kananaskis Village, Alberta
Posted On: December 02, 2019
Last Day to Apply: January 17, 2020
Employment Type: Full Time - Salaried
We are looking for an Event Manager
Start a new Adventure while working for an Autograph by Marriott resort located in the heart of the iconic Canadian Rockies! The Kananaskis Mountain Lodge is surrounded by untouched beauty and rugged mountain peaks, offering a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for those seeking a culture that offers a work-hard, play-hard mantra, an empowering workplace, industry-best perks and benefits, and amazing development opportunities for those looking to grow a career. Join the Marriott family today!
We are looking for an excellent team player with a keen interest in learning about the world of hotel sales and events. Knowledge of hotel operations would be a great asset to the success of this individual. You have the ability to manage yourself to achieve your goals and targets, while collaborating with the rest of team to further the overall goals of the business.
As an Event Manager, you will use your leadership skills to ensure the success of the sales & marketing division with a focus on complex events. You will be responsible for selling and servicing events, while collaborating with the Director of Event Planning, Director of Events, and the hotel operations team to ensure successful execution of those events.
Your work experience will include 3 years or more of event planning and/or event operations, with leadership experience preferred. Our top candidate will be self-motivated and self-managed, with providing an exceptional guest experience and achieving optimal results being at the forefront of everything they do.
Experience the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge here: https://vimeo.com/261927699
Amazing Work Perks:
- Personal days: 4 per year after 6 months of continued full-time employment
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 5 of our dining outlets
- Growth and development opportunities, both personal and professional
- One meal per day in our employee cafeteria (taxable benefit)
- Discounts on activities offered through our Activities Committee: Skydiving, Yoga, Golf Passes, Ski/Snowboard Passes, to name a few
- Shuttle access to Calgary, Banff, and the Big 3 Ski Resorts
- Health and Wellness benefits, including; Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Dental, Medical, Vision, Chiropractic, Massage, and more (some restrictions may apply)
- Vacation is accrued starting on your first day of work at a rate of 4% of your earnings
- Marriott Destinations membership providing you with discounted room rates and food and beverage discounts at any of Marriott’s chain of hotels
Apply now or visit us to learn more information at www.livetheadventure.ab.ca