SWEP (Student Work Experience Program): Housekeepers
Kananaskis Village, Alberta
Posted On: November 25, 2019
Last Day to Apply: December 27, 2019
Employment Type: Full Time - Hourly
SWEP (Student Work Experience Program): Room Attendants
In the Summer of 2020, start a new Adventure while working for an Autograph by Marriott resort located in the heart of the iconic Canadian Rockies! The Kananaskis Mountain Lodge is surrounded by untouched beauty and rugged mountain peaks, offering a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for those seeking a culture that offers a work-hard, play-hard mantra, an empowering workplace, industry-best perks and benefits, and amazing development opportunities for those looking to grow a career. Join the Marriott family today!
Working in our Housekeeping Division, you will enjoy being part of a team that creates an atmosphere of exceeding guest expectations by creating “picture perfect” guest experiences throughout the resort. From the lobby right through to the guest room itself, the guests’ first impression around cleanliness is a powerful and lasting one. You are responsible to clean all assigned guestrooms, while surpassing quality standards. You will be required to identify and communicate all maintenance deficiencies, respond to guest requests promptly and courteously, follow lost and found procedures, and respect the guest privacy, security and personal belongings.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have the ability to lift 10 lbs repeatedly throughout the day, and are able to bend, stand, and reach for extended periods of time, along with push a cart totalling 50 lbs several times throughout your shift. You have a high standard for details, and you enjoy being physically active and busy.
Rate of Pay: $16.50/hour
Experience the Kananaskis Mountain Lodge here: https://vimeo.com/261927699
- Marriott Destinations membership providing you with discounted room rates and food and beverage discounts at any of Marriott’s chain of hotels
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 5 of our dining outlets
- Onsite newly-renovated staff accommodations (starting from $8.25/day) which include a residence convenience store and employee gym
- One meal per day in our brand new employee cafeteria (taxable benefit)
- Discounts on activities offered through our Activities Committee: Skydiving, Yoga, Golf Passes, Ski/Snowboard Passes, to name a few
- Shuttle access to Calgary, Banff, and the Big 3 Ski Resorts
- Personal days: 4 per year after 6 months of continued full-time employment
- Growth and development opportunities, both personal and professional
- Health and Wellness benefits (some restrictions may apply)
- Vacation is accrued starting on your first day of work at a rate of 4% of your earnings
Apply now or visit us to learn more information at www.livetheadventure.ab.ca