SWEP Graduate Rotation Program (18-Month Commitment)
Kananaskis Village, Alberta
Posted On: November 25, 2019
Last Day to Apply: December 27, 2019
Employment Type: Full Time - Hourly
SWEP (Student Work Experience Program): Graduate Program (18-month Commitment)
Beginning in Spring/Summer or 2020, start a new Adventure while working for an Autograph by Marriott resort located in the heart of the iconic Canadian Rockies! The Kananaskis Mountain Lodge is surrounded by untouched beauty and rugged mountain peaks, offering a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for those seeking a culture that offers a work-hard, play-hard mantra, an empowering workplace, industry-best perks and benefits, and amazing development opportunities for those looking to grow a career. Join the Marriott family today!
We are looking for Graduate Program candidates
How would you like to participate in our program for developing new graduates through our transitional graduate cycle program? This opportunity is for new graduates from hospitality, marketing, management, or similar, that have a passion and determination to work within the hospitality industry.
Our graduate program provides 3 different learning opportunities: in our housekeeping division, where you’ll discover the ins and outs of the biggest hotel department, from cleaning guest rooms to public spaces; in our front office division, where you will learn all about the front desk world, which includes guest services, night audit, concierge, and the bell desk team, and the third opportunity will immerse you in our food & beverage world, whether in banquets or in our restaurants. You will gain experience working with guests alongside our service teams, but also interacting daily with our kitchen team members, ensuring a seamless food and beverage experience for our guests.
Our top candidates will be new graduates from Hospitality & Tourism, looking to immerse themselves into our front-of-house operations, building a solid knowledge base. Previous employees completing this program have benefited from a dynamic understanding of our Property, and have enjoyed moving into supervisory roles after completing the 18-month tenure.
Experience the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge here: https://vimeo.com/261927699
- Marriott Destinations membership providing you with discounted room rates and food and beverage discounts at any of Marriott’s chain of hotels
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 5 of our dining outlets
- Onsite newly-renovated staff accommodations (starting from $8.25/day) which include a residence convenience store and employee gym
- One meal per day in our brand new employee cafeteria (taxable benefit)
- Discounts on activities offered through our Activities Committee: Skydiving, Yoga, Golf Passes, Ski/Snowboard Passes, to name a few
- Shuttle access to Calgary, Banff, and the Big 3 Ski Resorts
- Personal days: 4 per year after 6 months of continued full-time employment
- Growth and development opportunities, both personal and professional
- Health and Wellness benefits (some restrictions may apply)
- Vacation is accrued starting on your first day of work at a rate of 4% of your earnings
Apply now or visit us to learn more information at www.livetheadventure.ab.ca !