Kananaskis Village, Alberta
Posted On: November 18, 2019
Last Day to Apply: December 27, 2019
Employment Type: Full Time - Salaried
We are looking for a Sous Chef
Start a new Adventure while working for an Autograph by Marriott resort located in the heart of the iconic Canadian Rockies! The Kananaskis Mountain Lodge is surrounded by untouched beauty and rugged mountain peaks, offering a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for those seeking a culture that offers a work-hard, play-hard mantra, an empowering workplace, industry-best perks and benefits, and amazing development opportunities for those looking to grow a career. Join the Marriott family today!
As the Executive Sous Chef, you are responsible to create and execute a memorable dining experience for all guests of Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge. Successfully mastering this position requires a commitment to building, training and coaching a successful team behind the scenes, and exhibiting a presence of leadership on the floor. You will achieve excellence by maximizing profitability and elevating guest satisfaction, by using your culinary expertise in unique product development and menu creation, meeting or exceeding planned objectives for revenue, food cost, and guest scores and by leading your people to deliver consistent exceptional food quality time and time again.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have 6-8 years of experience, completion of a B.A. preferred, with Red Seal.
Experience the Kananaskis Mountain Lodge here: https://vimeo.com/261927699
- Marriott Destinations membership providing you with discounted room rates and food and beverage discounts at any of Marriott’s chain of hotels
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 5 of our dining outlets
- Onsite newly renovated staff accommodation ($8.25-$13.50/day) which includes a residence gym and convenience store
- One meal per day in our brand new employee cafeteria (taxable benefit)
- Discounts on activities offered through our Activities Committee: Skydiving, Yoga, Golf Passes, Ski/Snowboard Passes, to name a few
- Shuttle access to Calgary, Banff, and the Big 3 Ski Resorts
- Personal days: 4 per year after 6 months of continued full-time employment
- Growth and development opportunities, both personal and professional
- Health and Wellness benefits (some restrictions may apply)
- Vacation is accrued starting on your first day of work at a rate of 4% of your earnings
Apply now or visit us to learn more information at www.livetheadventure.ab.ca