Shift Engineer - No Ticket
Kananaskis Village, Alberta
Posted On: July 12, 2019
Last Day to Apply: August 12, 2019
Employment Type: Full Time - Hourly
We are looking for a Shift Engineer – No Ticket
Start a new Adventure while working for an Autograph by Marriott resort located in the heart of the iconic Canadian Rockies! The Kananaskis Mountain Lodge is surrounded by untouched beauty and rugged mountain peaks, offering a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for those seeking a culture that offers a work-hard, play-hard mantra, an empowering workplace, industry-best perks and benefits, and amazing development opportunities for those looking to grow a career. Join the Marriott family today!
The Engineering Department’s employees are the keepers of maintaining the hotel. You are responsible for repairing and maintaining the hotel’s physical structure in accordance with Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge’s standards for quality, cleanliness, guest satisfaction, safety and of course acknowledging guests with a smile and an “I can make it happen attitude”.
As a Shift Engineer, you are responsible for the general maintenance of the buildings, including guest rooms, public spaces, and back of the house areas for needed preventative maintenance, along with repairs to carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, and taking meter readings. You are responsible for records and reports of completed repairs that need further attention. You will be a member of the fire response team, responding to alarms to ensure the safety of guests and employees.
You will be considered for this role if you have previous related experience, general knowledge of building maintenance, knowledge of basic hand and power tools, able to lift heavy objects, and are able to work unsupervised and on varying shifts.
Rate of Pay: $19 - $21/hour
Experience the Kananaskis Mountain Lodge here: https://vimeo.com/261927699
- Marriott Destinations membership providing you with discounted room rates and food and beverage discounts at any of Marriott’s chain of hotels
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 5 of our dining outlets
- Onsite newly-renovated staff accommodations (starting from $8.25/day) which include a residence convenience store and employee gym
- One meal per day in our brand new employee cafeteria (taxable benefit)
- Discounts on activities offered through our Activities Committee: Skydiving, Yoga, Golf Passes, Ski/Snowboard Passes, to name a few
- Shuttle access to Calgary, Banff, and the Big 3 Ski Resorts
- Personal days: 4 per year after 6 months of continued full-time employment
- Growth and development opportunities, both personal and professional
- Health and Wellness benefits (some restrictions may apply)
- Vacation is accrued starting on your first day of work at a rate of 4% of your earnings
Apply now or visit us to learn more information at www.livetheadventure.ab.ca