Family Activities Supervisor
Kananaskis Village, Alberta
Last Day to Apply: April 04, 2019
Employment Type: Full Time - Hourly
Come Work with Us and Live the Adventure
Family Activities Supervisor
Live the adventure and work for a resort with unlimited opportunities designed for hospitality professionals like you. Real life, hands on training and learning opportunities designed to teach you the day to day operation of a first class mountain resort. We will help you achieve excellence by mentoring you with some of the best talent in the industry. At the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge, we are growing leaders.
Located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge is a world class mountain resort property featuring 408 guest rooms, 5 unique Food & Beverage outlets, conference facilities, spa and wellness centre and staff accommodations. All surrounded by untouched beauty and rugged mountain peaks in the Canadian Rockies and conveniently located one hour west of Calgary and forty five minutes south of Banff and Canmore.
We are looking for Family Activities Supervisor
The Family Activities Supervisor is passionate about providing exceptional service for guests of all ages through a wide variety of activities. The successful candidate will be warm, engaging, and empowering. Open to change, and quick to adapt to varying needs of hotel clientele, the Family Activities Supervisor will be responsible for organizing and supervising the guest activities every weekend and be responsible for creating new activities to offer each month and during special events. This position requires exceptional organizational skills and the ability to work independently and unsupervised. Responsibilities also include supervising staff and function help during programming and activities, event planning and developing programs, reporting to manager about quality of activities and staff performance, being responsible for department quality of service and operations, developing independent projects and reporting to manager, scheduling, organizing the operation for programs and special events, providing performance reviews, and other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have enthusiasm, creativity, positivity, warmth, and an outgoing personality. They will be able to communicate comfortably with all levels of ages and leadership within the hotel. Experience in a leadership capacity is a definite asset.
Experience the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge here: https://vimeo.com/261927699
Amazing Work Perks:
- Personal days: 4 per year after 6 months of continued full-time employment
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 5 of our dining outlets
- Growth and development opportunities, both personal and professional
- Onsite staff accommodations ($8.25-$13.50/day), which include a residence convenience store and employee gym
- One meal per day in our employee cafeteria (taxable benefit)
- Discounts on activities offered through our Activities Committee: Skydiving, Yoga, Golf Passes, Ski/Snowboard Passes, to name a few
- Shuttle access to Calgary, Banff, and the Big 3 Ski Resorts
- Health and Wellness benefits (some restrictions may apply)
- Vacation is accrued starting on your first day of work at a rate of 4% of your earnings
- Marriott Destinations membership providing you with discounted room rates and food and beverage discounts at any of Marriott’s chain of hotels
Apply now or visit us to learn more information at www.livetheadventure.ab.ca