Guest Services Manager
Kananaskis Village, Alberta
Last Day to Apply: February 28, 2019
Employment Type: Full Time - Salaried
Come Work with Us and Live the Adventure
Guest Services Manager
Live the adventure and work for a resort with unlimited opportunities designed for hospitality professionals like you. Real life, hands on training and learning opportunities designed to teach you the day to day operation of a first class mountain resort. We will help you achieve excellence by mentoring you with some of the best talent in the industry. At the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge, we are growing leaders.
Located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge is a world class mountain resort property featuring 408 guest rooms, 5 unique Food & Beverage outlets, conference facilities, spa and wellness centre and staff accommodations. All surrounded by untouched beauty and rugged mountain peaks in the Canadian Rockies and conveniently located one hour west of Calgary and forty five minutes south of Banff and Canmore.
We are looking for a Guest Services Manager
As the Guest Services Manager, you will responsible for overseeing the bell desk and concierge teams. We are looking for a dynamic leader who is excited about change, and developing an engaging team. The Guest Services Manager will be responsible for managing a team of supervisors and associates and will report directly to the Front Office Manager. The successful incumbent will create an Authentically Canadian arrival experience that exceeds our Autograph Standards, fostering a culture where all employees are empowered to provide our guests any services they request. They will create an atmosphere of contagious learning and job fulfillment in support of our employee engagement goals. They will lead in managing the recruitment, interviewing, onboarding and training, and performance management of all Bell and Concierge employees. This role will also be responsible for the cleanliness and upkeep of all resort vehicles, ensuring any safety or maintenance concerns are reported immediately. We expect our leaders to lead from the front and help enhance the guest experience by providing exceptional service, actively seeking feedback from guests and employees alike, following up and taking action to improve GSAT and ESAT results.
To be considered for this role, you must have been in a leadership position within hospitality for a minimum of 2 years, with a background in Front Office/Guest Services operations. A degree in hospitality management is preferred. Computer literacy is imperative, ideally with WINPM, WINSAM IRIS, Windows, MS Word & Excel, Opera, and Internet. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, authentic, and warm person who is capable of carrying out all charges in a diversified Resort environment. Knowledge of Kananaskis, the Canadian Rockies, Alberta, and all we have to offer is an asset.
Experience the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge here: https://vimeo.com/261927699
Amazing Work Perks:
- Personal days: 4 per year after 6 months of continued full-time employment
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 5 of our dining outlets
- Growth and development opportunities, both personal and professional
- Onsite staff accommodations ($8.25-$13.50/day), which include a residence convenience store and employee gym
- One meal per day in our employee cafeteria (taxable benefit)
- Discounts on activities offered through our Activities Committee: Skydiving, Yoga, Golf Passes, Ski/Snowboard Passes, to name a few
- Shuttle access to Calgary, Banff, and the Big 3 Ski Resorts
- Health and Wellness benefits (some restrictions may apply)
- Vacation is accrued starting on your first day of work at a rate of 4% of your earnings
- Marriott Destinations membership providing you with discounted room rates and food and beverage discounts at any of Marriott’s chain of hotels
Apply now or visit us to learn more information at www.livetheadventure.ab.ca