Kananaskis Village, Alberta
Last Day to Apply: March 04, 2019
Employment Type: Full Time - Salaried
Come Work with Us and Live the Adventure
Live the adventure and work for a resort with unlimited opportunities designed for hospitality professionals like you. Real life, hands on training and learning opportunities designed to teach you the day to day operation of a world class mountain resort. We will help you achieve excellence by mentoring you with some of the best talent in the industry. At the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge, we are growing leaders.
Located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge is a world class mountain resort property featuring 408 guest rooms, 5 unique Food & Beverage outlets, conference facilities, Alberta’s first Nordic spa and staff accommodations. All surrounded by untouched beauty and rugged mountain peaks in the Canadian Rockies and conveniently located one hour west of Calgary and forty five minutes south of Banff and Canmore.
We are looking for a Junior Accountant
As the Junior Accountant, your main responsibilities will be to monitor the completion and distribution of daily in-house reports, reconcile and monitor balance sheet accounts, prepare month-end journal entries, assist in conducting and completing all standard reconciliation templates. You will also assist in performing surprise float counts, assist and train the accounting coordinator as required, arrange for stop payments and monitor bank deposits, assist our post office as required, enter and review all accounts payable entries, prepare and compile back up for all cheque runs, bill payments, and EFT runs, assist with year-end audit, and reconcile and process VLT reports weekly.
You possess excellent guest service skills and have a passion for hospitality. You have a strong internal drive to succeed and can work independently. Our top candidate has completed post-secondary education with an accounting background, is familiar with AccPac, Opera & WinPM and Maitre ‘D, and hospitality industry experience is preferred.
Experience the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge here: https://vimeo.com/261927699
Amazing Work Perks:
- Personal days: 4 per year after 6 months of continued full-time employment
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 5 of our dining outlets
- Growth and development opportunities, both personal and professional
- Onsite staff accommodations ($8.25-$13.50/day), which include a residence convenience store and employee gym
- One meal per day in our employee cafeteria (taxable benefit)
- Discounts on activities offered through our Activities Committee: Skydiving, Yoga, Golf Passes, Ski/Snowboard Passes, to name a few
- Shuttle access to Calgary, Banff, and the Big 3 Ski Resorts
- Health and Wellness benefits (some restrictions may apply)
- Vacation is accrued starting on your first day of work at a rate of 4% of your earnings
- Marriott Destinations membership providing you with discounted room rates and food and beverage discounts at any of Marriott’s chain of hotels
Apply now or visit us to learn more information at www.livetheadventure.ab.ca