Health & Safety Coordinator
Kananaskis Village, Alberta
Last Day to Apply: February 01, 2019
Employment Type: Full Time - Hourly
Come Work with Us and Live the Adventure
Health & Safety Coordinator
Live the adventure and work for a resort with unlimited opportunities designed for hospitality professionals like you. Real life, hands on training and learning opportunities designed to teach you the day to day operation of a first class mountain resort. We will help you achieve excellence by mentoring you with some of the best talent in the industry. At the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge, we are growing leaders.
Located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge is a world class mountain resort property featuring 408 guest rooms, 5 unique Food & Beverage outlets, conference facilities, spa and wellness centre and staff accommodations. All surrounded by untouched beauty and rugged mountain peaks in the Canadian Rockies and conveniently located one hour west of Calgary and forty five minutes south of Banff and Canmore.
We are looking for a Health & Safety Coordinator
The Health & Safety Coordinator role is to assist in supporting our H&S operations, along with developing administrative controls in conjunction with hazard identification processes. The incumbent will be responsible for the following: maintain relevant safety training, inspection, permit, and policy sign off records, conduct safety and fire inspections and follow up as required, participate in the Health & Safety committee, participate as a member of the first response team, provide first aid to guests/employees as required, assist in maintaining the security and safety of all facilities, 1,000+ guests and 300+ employees in three properties, three residence complexes, and one leased public building, liaise with local police, fire, and Alberta Parks agencies, assist in coordinating training sessions with employees and KES Fire Service, such as departmental fire training, first aid, etc., assist in managing WCB claims and ensure all claims are handled effectively, including the modified work program. The incumbent will assist with compliance of all OH&S regulations, assist in the review of the Business Continuity Plan semi-annually and ensure that all changes or updates are communicated to colleagues and that all necessary training is provided by management, and will assist in maintaining a functional office through organized filing and record-keeping systems.
In order to be considered for this role, you will possess a current Standard First Aid/CPR-C certificate, a drivers’ license, is in possession of or in pursuit of a valid Alberta Basic Security License, AHSA Auditor certification preferred, OH&S specific training is preferred, previous fire training is an asset. You will be willing to work afternoon and night shifts, be calm under pressure, and demonstrate assertiveness, honesty, and the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff, management, and guests. You will have exceptional organizational skills with previous experience handling confidential information.
Experience the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge here: https://vimeo.com/261927699
Amazing Work Perks:
- Personal days: 4 per year after 6 months of continued full-time employment
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 5 of our dining outlets
- Growth and development opportunities, both personal and professional
- Onsite staff accommodations ($8.25-$13.50/day), which include a residence convenience store and employee gym
- One meal per day in our employee cafeteria (taxable benefit)
- Discounts on activities offered through our Activities Committee: Skydiving, Yoga, Golf Passes, Ski/Snowboard Passes, to name a few
- Shuttle access to Calgary, Banff, and the Big 3 Ski Resorts
- Health and Wellness benefits (some restrictions may apply)
- Vacation is accrued starting on your first day of work at a rate of 4% of your earnings
- Marriott Destinations membership providing you with discounted room rates and food and beverage discounts at any of Marriott’s chain of hotels
Apply now or visit us to learn more information at www.livetheadventure.ab.ca