Kananaskis Village, Alberta
Last Day to Apply: April 30, 2019
Employment Type: Full Time - Hourly
Come Work with Us and Live the Adventure
Live the adventure and work for a resort with unlimited opportunities designed for hospitality professionals like you. Real life, hands on training and learning opportunities designed to teach you the day to day operation of a first class mountain resort. We will help you achieve excellence by mentoring you with some of the best talent in the industry. At the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge, we are growing leaders.
Located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge is a world class mountain resort property featuring 408 guest rooms, 5 unique Food & Beverage outlets, conference facilities, spa and wellness centre and staff accommodations. All surrounded by untouched beauty and rugged mountain peaks in the Canadian Rockies and conveniently located one hour west of Calgary and forty five minutes south of Banff and Canmore.
We are looking for a Reservations Agent
Working in our Rooms Division, you will enjoy being part of a team that creates an atmosphere of exceeding guest expectations by demonstrating a friendly and welcoming attitude, oftentimes as the first point of contact for our guests. As the Reservations Agent, you will use your exceptional customer service skills and team attitude to assist with individual reservations at the hotel. Attention to detail is important to ensure all reservations are made, managed and executed with no detail overlooked.
You have a strong internal drive to succeed and can work independently to build and manage your daily tasks. Our top candidate will have strong organizational skills along with the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects and deliver a professional reservations experience from the start of the booking process to the arrival of the guest onsite.
You will be responsible for taking individual reservations through the telephone, central reservations and assisting with rooming lists. As well, you will be responsible for detailing reservations, taking deposits and ensuring all guest inquiries prior to arrival are taken care of. All of these duties will be taken with revenue goals in mind to ensure call quality and revenue optimization.
In order to be considered for this role, you will need to provide us with working knowledge of Opera PMS and Marsha reservation systems, and previous knowledge of hotel, rooms and the surrounding area. A business or hospitality degree are assets.
Experience the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge here: https://vimeo.com/261927699
Amazing Work Perks:
- Personal days: 4 per year after 6 months of continued full-time employment
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 5 of our dining outlets
- Growth and development opportunities, both personal and professional
- Onsite staff accommodations ($8.25-$13.50/day), which include a residence convenience store and employee gym
- One meal per day in our employee cafeteria (taxable benefit)
- Discounts on activities offered through our Activities Committee: Skydiving, Yoga, Golf Passes, Ski/Snowboard Passes, to name a few
- Shuttle access to Calgary, Banff, and the Big 3 Ski Resorts
- Health and Wellness benefits (some restrictions may apply)
- Vacation is accrued starting on your first day of work at a rate of 4% of your earnings
- Marriott Destinations membership providing you with discounted room rates and food and beverage discounts at any of Marriott’s chain of hotels
Apply now or visit us to learn more information at www.livetheadventure.ab.ca