Kananaskis Village, Alberta
Last Day to Apply: December 07, 2018
Employment Type: Full Time - Hourly
Come Work with Us and Live the Adventure
Live the adventure and work for a resort with unlimited opportunities designed for hospitality professionals like you. Real life, hands on training and learning opportunities designed to teach you the day to day operation of a first class mountain resort. We will help you achieve excellence by mentoring you with some of the best talent in the industry. At the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge, we are growing leaders.
Located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge is a world class mountain resort property featuring 408 guest rooms, 5 unique Food & Beverage outlets, conference facilities, spa and wellness centre and staff accommodations. All surrounded by untouched beauty and rugged mountain peaks in the Canadian Rockies and conveniently located one hour west of Calgary and forty five minutes south of Banff and Canmore.
We are looking for a Stewarding Supervisor
We are looking for an excellent team player with strong organizational skills to join our Stewarding Team. Knowledge of hotel operations would be a great asset to the success of this individual. You have a strong internal drive to succeed and can work independently to manage your stewarding team. Our top candidate will have strong organizational skills along with the ability to manage multiple areas, delivering quick decisions while maintaining an efficient and safe workplace.
As the Stewarding Supervisor, you will use your leadership skills to ensure the success of each shift. You will be responsible for training new employees, focusing on the importance of stewarding’s supportive function to all of food & beverage, while ensuring safe and proper use of all chemicals. You will lead by example and make sure all tasks of the stewarding department are complete. This includes start-up & shut down of all machines, and ensuring all plating function set-ups are complete. As a leader in the department, you will also responsible for controlling labour costs.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have previous experience working as a cleaner, dishwasher, or steward, ideally in a similar setting, with previous supervisor experience. Our top candidate will be self-motivated and also have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
Experience the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge here: https://vimeo.com/261927699
Amazing Work Perks:
- Personal days: 4 per year after 6 months of continued full-time employment
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 5 of our dining outlets
- Growth and development opportunities, both personal and professional
- Onsite staff accommodations ($8.25-$13.50/day), which include a residence convenience store and employee gym
- One meal per day in our employee cafeteria (taxable benefit)
- Discounts on activities offered through our Activities Committee: Skydiving, Yoga, Golf Passes, Ski/Snowboard Passes, to name a few
- Shuttle access to Calgary, Banff, and the Big 3 Ski Resorts
- Health and Wellness benefits (some restrictions may apply)
- Vacation is accrued starting on your first day of work at a rate of 4% of your earnings
- Marriott Destinations membership providing you with discounted room rates and food and beverage discounts at any of Marriott’s chain of hotels
Apply now or visit us to learn more information at www.livetheadventure.ab.ca