Banquet Services Manager
Kananaskis Village, Alberta
Last Day to Apply: November 26, 2018
Employment Type: Full Time - Salaried
Come Work with Us and Live the Adventure
Banquet Services Manager
Live the adventure and work for a resort with unlimited opportunities designed for hospitality professionals like you. Real life, hands on training and learning opportunities designed to teach you the day to day operation of a world class mountain resort. We will help you achieve excellence by mentoring you with some of the best talent in the industry. At the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge, we are growing leaders.
Located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge is a world class mountain resort property featuring 408 guest rooms, 5 unique Food & Beverage outlets, conference facilities, Alberta’s first Nordic spa and staff accommodations. All surrounded by untouched beauty and rugged mountain peaks in the Canadian Rockies and conveniently located one hour west of Calgary and forty five minutes south of Banff and Canmore.
We are looking for a Banquet Services Manager
We are looking for an excellent team player with strong organizational skills to join our Banquets team. A strong F&B background and knowledge of hotel and banquet operations is vital to the success of this individual. You have an innate drive to succeed and can work independently to manage our Banquets team. Our top candidate will have strong organizational skills along with the ability to manage multiple areas, delivering quick decisions while maintaining an efficient and safe workplace.
As the Banquet Services Manager, you will use your leadership skills to ensure the success of events in and around the hotel. You will be responsible for training new employees, running shifts, setting up and breaking down events. You will lead by example and make sure all tasks are complete. This includes meeting with event contacts, proper resetting of rooms after and during events and service during events. As a leader in the department, you will also be responsible for controlling labor costs.
In order to be successfully considered for this role you will have previous 5 star Hotel Banquet and Food & Beverage experience and possess valid Proserve and Food Safe certificates. Our top candidate will be self-motivated and also have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
Why the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge
We are for the Hospitalians; those with an authentic passion to serve guests, who delight in delivering memorable experiences and seek to engage and build meaningful relationships. We are for the adventure enthusiast; those who want to explore nature’s beauty from their front door, who are ready to gear up for an adventure exploring the back country in the serenity of the Rockies.
Amazing Work Perks:
- Personal days: 4 per year after 6 months of continued full-time employment
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 5 of our dining outlets
- Growth and development opportunities, both personal and professional
- Onsite staff accommodations ($8.25-$13.50/day), which include a residence convenience store and employee gym
- One meal per day in our employee cafeteria (taxable benefit)
- Discounts on activities offered through our Activities Committee: Skydiving, Yoga, Golf Passes, Ski/Snowboard Passes, to name a few
- Shuttle access to Calgary, Banff, and the Big 3 Ski Resorts
- Health and Wellness benefits, including; Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Dental, Medical, Vision, Chiropractic, Massage, and more (some restrictions may apply)
- Vacation is accrued starting on your first day of work at a rate of 4% of your earnings
- Marriott Destinations membership providing you with discounted room rates and food and beverage discounts at any of Marriott’s chain of hotels
Apply now or visit us to learn more information at www.livetheadventure.ab.ca