Kananaskis Village, Alberta
Last Day to Apply: November 10, 2018
Employment Type: Full Time - Salaried
Come Work with Us and Live the Adventure
Live the adventure and work for a resort with unlimited opportunities designed for hospitality professionals like you. Real life, hands on training and learning opportunities designed to teach you the day to day operation of a world class mountain resort. We will help you achieve excellence by mentoring you with some of the best talent in the industry. At the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge, we are growing leaders.
Located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge is a world class mountain resort property featuring 408 guest rooms, 5 unique Food & Beverage outlets, conference facilities, Alberta’s first Nordic spa and staff accommodations. All surrounded by untouched beauty and rugged mountain peaks in the Canadian Rockies and conveniently located one hour west of Calgary and forty five minutes south of Banff and Canmore.
We are looking for an Operations Coordinator
We are looking for an organized team player, who is proactive and focused on their career to join our Operations team. Knowledge of hotel operations would be a great asset to the success of this individual. You must be independent as well as a good communicator to ensure smooth communication throughout Engineering and Housekeeping. Our top candidate will have strong organizational skills along with the ability to manage multiple areas, and deliver quick decisions all while maintaining an efficient and safe workplace.
As the Operations coordinator, you will be responsible for the expenses, forecasting, labour, productivity and tracking of all supplies and work orders for the engineering department. You will assist the Chief Engineer with all recruitment needs, training, budgeting, payroll and any other projects that the team is to take on and organize. You are the champion to organize all lost and found for the Housekeeping department and entire hotel. Other Housekeeping duties may be assigned through the Executive Housekeeper to assist the team when needed. Assist and organize any outside contractors with their assigned projects and ensure all safety procedures are followed by the entire working team on a daily basis.
In order to be successfully considered for this role you will have previous experience of the hospitality industry, a comfortable amount of knowledge on computers, windows, word, outlook, excel and potentially any PMS systems. Our top candidate will be self-motivated and also have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills. Previous knowledge of Housekeeping, general building maintenance, accounting, and office administration a definite asset.
Why the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge
We are for the Hospitalians; those with an authentic passion to serve guests, who delight in delivering memorable experiences and seek to engage and build meaningful relationships. We are for the adventure enthusiast; those who want to explore nature’s beauty from their front door, who are ready to gear up for an adventure exploring the back country in the serenity of the Rockies.
Amazing Work Perks:
- Personal days: 4 per year after 6 months of continued full-time employment
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 5 of our dining outlets
- Growth and development opportunities, both personal and professional
- Onsite staff accommodations ($8.25-$13.50/day), which include a residence convenience store and employee gym
- One meal per day in our employee cafeteria (taxable benefit)
- Discounts on activities offered through our Activities Committee: Skydiving, Yoga, Golf Passes, Ski/Snowboard Passes, to name a few
- Shuttle access to Calgary, Banff, and the Big 3 Ski Resorts
- Health and Wellness benefits, including; Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Dental, Medical, Vision, Chiropractic, Massage, and more (some restrictions may apply)
- Vacation is accrued starting on your first day of work at a rate of 4% of your earnings
- Marriott Destinations membership providing you with discounted room rates and food and beverage discounts at any of Marriott’s chain of hotels
Apply now or visit us to learn more information at www.livetheadventure.ab.ca