Kananaskis Village, Alberta
Last Day to Apply: September 28, 2018
Employment Type: Full Time - Salaried
Come Work with Us and Live the Adventure
Live the adventure and work for a resort with unlimited opportunities designed for hospitality professionals like you. Real life, hands on training and learning opportunities designed to teach you the day to day operation of a first class mountain resort. We will help you achieve excellence by mentoring you with some of the best talent in the industry. At the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge, we are growing leaders.
Located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge is a world class mountain resort property featuring 408 guest rooms, 5 unique Food & Beverage outlets, conference facilities, spa and wellness centre and staff accommodations. All surrounded by untouched beauty and rugged mountain peaks in the Canadian Rockies and conveniently located one hour west of Calgary and forty five minutes south of Banff and Canmore.
We are looking for an Event Manager
As the Event Manager, you will use your exceptional organizational and guest service skills to execute memorable events for every guest, ensuring no detail has been overlooked. You will achieve excellence by leveraging meeting, banquet and guest rooms to maximize profit for the entire hotel, ensuring all efforts are aligned with the business plan, maximizing revenues (achieving designated targets) by applying creative selling techniques, and being the guests’ advocate, anticipating their needs and demonstrating flexibility and creativity to enhance their experience. A high level of organization, ensuring the accuracy of all information, including: guest contracts, internal financial data, billing settlements including methods of payments, and statistical data are essential to the role. You will also be seeking new business through prospecting for new customers, leveraging relationships with existing customers, and working with the hotel sales team passing on leads and pertinent client information where appropriate. You will set a positive example for guest relations, use your judgment to integrate current trends in event management and event design, acts as a liaison between field sales person and customer throughout the event process, (pre-event, event, post-event), and following up with the guest upon completion of the event to ensure guest satisfaction and actively re-solicit for future business, and complete other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Preference will be given to candidates who have several years’ experience and knowledge of Marriott systems.
Why the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge
We are for the Hospitalians; those with an authentic passion to serve guests, who delight in delivering memorable experiences and seek to engage and build meaningful relationships. We are for the adventure enthusiast; those who want to explore nature’s beauty from their front door, who are ready to gear up for an adventure exploring the back country in the serenity of the Rockies.
Amazing Work Perks:
- Personal days: 4 per year after 6 months of continued full-time employment
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 5 of our dining outlets
- Growth and development opportunities, both personal and professional
- Onsite staff accommodations ($8.25-$13.50/day), which include a residence convenience store and employee gym
- One meal per day in our employee cafeteria (taxable benefit)
- Discounts on activities offered through our Activities Committee: Skydiving, Yoga, Golf Passes, Ski/Snowboard Passes, to name a few
- Shuttle access to Calgary, Banff, and the Big 3 Ski Resorts
- Health and Wellness benefits, including; Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Dental, Medical, Vision, Chiropractic, Massage, and more (some restrictions may apply)
- Vacation is accrued starting on your first day of work at a rate of 4% of your earnings
- Marriott Destinations membership providing you with discounted room rates and food and beverage discounts at any of Marriott’s chain of hotels
Apply now or visit us to learn more information at www.livetheadventure.ab.ca