Chef de Partie
Kananaskis Village, Alberta
Last Day to Apply: September 14, 2018
Employment Type: Full Time - Hourly
Job Add – Chef de Partie- 4 positions
Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge:
1 Centennial Drive
Kananaskis, AB T0L 2H0
Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge is located 1-hour drive from Calgary’s city limits nestled amidst the pines where luxury and mountain living blends seamlessly.
Live the adventure and work for a resort with unlimited opportunities designed for hospitality professionals like you. Real life, hands on training and learning opportunities designed to teach you the day to day operation of a first class mountain resort. We will help you achieve excellence by mentoring you with some of the best talent in the industry. At the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge, we are growing leaders.
Located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge is a world class mountain resort property featuring 408 guest rooms, 5 unique Food & Beverage outlets, conference facilities, spa and wellness centre and staff accommodations. All surrounded by untouched beauty and rugged mountain peaks in the Canadian Rockies and conveniently located one hour west of Calgary and forty five minutes south of Banff and Canmore.
If you have gained valuable experience in the Restaurant industry as a Chef de Partie and are a proven leader, this could be the opportunity you are looking for! We are recognized as a quality service provider in the hospitality & service industry and searching for positive, team orientated people to join our organization.
We are recruiting for (4) Chef de Partie positions. The positions are full-time, permanent with an hourly rate of $23.40 depending on experience. Overtime may be necessary as required paid at time and half.
- Plan and direct food preparation and cooking activities in a restaurant establishment.
- Prepare and cook food ensuring highest quality standards have been met.
- Estimate food requirement and may estimate food and labour costs.
- Supervise activities of chefs, cooks and other kitchen workers.
- Recruit and hire junior staff and apprentices.
- Plan menus and create new recipes.
- Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs when necessary.
- Ability to manage and complete all administration shift duties and reports.
- Enforcing strict health and hygiene standards in the kitchen and follow the rules of health and safety.
- Monitoring portion and waste control to maintain profit margins.
- Attend training courses and seminars as and when required.
- Ensure that the production, preparation and presentation of food are of the highest quality at all times.
- Ensure highest levels of guest satisfaction, quality, operating and food costs on an ongoing basis.
- Knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage and sanitation.
- Follow good preservation standards for the proper handling of all food products at the right temperature.
- Flexible shift hours will be required.
- We offer a competitive compensation package.
Employment Experience & Educational Requirements:
- Cook's trade certification or equivalent credentials, training and experience are required.
- Management training and several years of experience in commercial food preparation, including two years in a supervisory capacity and experience as a chef de partie, sous-chef, specialist chef or chef.
- Personal days: 4 per year after 6 months of continued full-time employment
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 5 of our dining outlets
- Growth and development opportunities, both personal and professional
- Onsite staff accommodations ($8.25-$13.50/day), which include a residence convenience store and employee gym
- One meal per day in our employee cafeteria (taxable benefit)
- Discounts on activities offered through our Activities Committee: Skydiving, Yoga, Golf Passes, Ski/Snowboard Passes, to name a few
- Shuttle access to Calgary, Banff, and the Big 3 Ski Resorts
- Health and Wellness benefits, including; Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Dental, Medical, Vision, Chiropractic, Massage, and more (some restrictions may apply)
- Vacation is accrued starting on your first day of work at a rate of 4% of your earnings
- Marriott Destinations membership providing you with discounted room rates and food and beverage discounts at any of Marriott’s chain of hotels
If you’re interested in a company that rewards you for your dedication and commitment, then Kananaskis Mountain Lodge is the right place to establish your career!