5th Class Power Engineer
Kananaskis Village, Alberta
Last Day to Apply: August 31, 2018
Employment Type: Full Time - Hourly
Come Work with Us and Live the Adventure
5th Class Power Engineer
Live the adventure and work for a resort with unlimited opportunities designed for hospitality professionals like you. Real life, hands on training and learning opportunities designed to teach you the day to day operation of a world class mountain resort. We will help you achieve excellence by mentoring you with some of the best talent in the industry. At the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge, we are growing leaders.
Located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge is a world class mountain resort property featuring 408 guest rooms, 5 unique Food & Beverage outlets, conference facilities, Alberta’s first Nordic spa and staff accommodations. All surrounded by untouched beauty and rugged mountain peaks in the Canadian Rockies and conveniently located just one hour west of Calgary and forty five minutes south of Banff and Canmore.
We are looking for a 5th Class Power Engineer
We are looking for a team player that meets and exceeds our guest expectations to join our Engineering team. You will need to have a strong internal drive to succeed and work independently to maintain front of house and back of house maintenance to our facility. Our top candidate will have strong knowledge of hotel operations, delivering quick decisions while maintaining an efficient and safe work place.
As a 5th class power engineer you will be the keepers of our facility; it is our job as engineers to ensure the safety for our guests and employees. Your main focus will be to keep our hotel facilities (heat, power, air conditioning, and refrigeration) in optimum operating condition by performing preventative maintenance and repairs on hotel power plant machinery. You will also perform preventative maintenance throughout other areas of the hotel, including both front and back of house, interior and exterior. As a Class 5 Power engineer you will also work closely with outside contractors as necessary to assist them in performing maintenance.
In order to be successfully considered for this role, our top candidate will need to have a valid 5th class power engineer certificate, able to work in an unsupervised environment, have the ability to operate hand and power tools, knowledge of heating and cooling systems, excellent communication skills and strong ability to prioritize tasks.
Why the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge
We are for the Hospitalians; those with an authentic passion to serve guests, who delight in delivering memorable experiences and seek to engage and build meaningful relationships. We are for the adventure enthusiast; those who want to explore nature’s beauty from their front door, who are ready to gear up for an adventure exploring the back country in the serenity of the Rockies.
Amazing Work Perks:
- Personal days: 4 per year after 6 months of continued full-time employment
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 5 of our dining outlets
- Growth and development opportunities, both personal and professional
- Newly-renovated onsite staff accommodations ($8.25-$13.50/day), which include a residence convenience store and employee gym
- One meal per day in our employee cafeteria (taxable benefit)
- Discounts on activities offered through our Activities Committee: Skydiving, Yoga, Golf Passes, Ski/Snowboard Passes, to name a few
- Shuttle access to Calgary, Banff, and the Big 3 Ski Resorts
- Health and Wellness benefits, including; Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Dental, Medical, Vision, Chiropractic, Massage, and more (some restrictions may apply)
- Vacation is accrued starting on your first day of work at a rate of 4% of your earnings
- Marriott Destinations membership providing you with discounted room rates and food and beverage discounts at any of Marriott’s chain of hotels
Apply now or visit us to learn more information at www.livetheadventure.ab.ca