Employee Experience and Facilities Coordinator
Kananaskis Village, Alberta
Last Day to Apply: August 31, 2018
Employment Type: Full Time - Hourly
Come Work with Us and Live the Adventure
Employee Experience Facilities Coordinator
Live the adventure and work for a resort with unlimited opportunities designed for hospitality professionals like you. Real life, hands on training and learning opportunities designed to teach you the day to day operation of a world class mountain resort. We will help you achieve excellence by mentoring you with some of the best talent in the industry. At the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge, we are growing leaders.
Located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge is a world class mountain resort property featuring 408 guest rooms, 5 unique Food & Beverage outlets, conference facilities, Alberta’s first Nordic spa and onsite staff accommodations. All surrounded by untouched beauty and rugged mountain peaks in the Canadian Rockies and conveniently located one hour west of Calgary and forty five minutes south of Banff and Canmore.
We are looking for an Employee Experience Facilities Coordinator
We are looking for an excellent team player with strong organizational skills to join our Employee Experience team. This is a general maintenance (jack of all trades) position who will be responsible for the hands-on maintenance of all areas of the Residence buildings, including daily boiler checks of all staff housing buildings. The position will respond to daily maintenance requests, assist with monthly room inspections, and keeping accurate records for each room and common area. The position will work in partnership with our hotel engineering team. The incumbent will be responsible for ordering inventory needed for maintenance processes (parts, tools, etc.,) and assist in the budgeting process annually, including recommendations for long-term capital plans. As part of the Employee Experience team, you will be requested to assist in special events held for hotel staff, such as the annual Christmas party and other staff events throughout the year.
In order to be successfully considered for this role you will have previous experience in facility management, preferably a staff residence, with the ability to coordinate and organize multiple priorities. You will be able to demonstrate your ability in general maintenance, including painting, general carpentry, and general plumbing. You must be able to manage tasks on your own with limited supervision and demonstrable results. You have experience working with budgets, are computer literate, particularly with excel, word, and outlook email. The ideal candidate takes initiative, has a high energy, and gets the job done 100% of the time.
Why the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge
We are for the Hospitalians; those with an authentic passion to serve guests, who delight in delivering memorable experiences and seek to engage and build meaningful relationships. We are for the adventure enthusiast; those who want to explore nature’s beauty from their front door, who are ready to gear up for an adventure exploring the back country in the serenity of the Rockies.
Amazing Work Perks:
- Personal days: 4 per year after 6 months of continued full-time employment
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 5 of our dining outlets
- Growth and development opportunities, both personal and professional
- Onsite staff accommodations ($8.25-$13.50/day), which include a residence convenience store and employee gym
- One meal per day in our employee cafeteria (taxable benefit)
- Discounts on activities offered through our Activities Committee: Skydiving, Yoga, Golf Passes, Ski/Snowboard Passes, to name a few
- Shuttle access to Calgary, Banff, and the Big 3 Ski Resorts
- Health and Wellness benefits, including; Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Dental, Medical, Vision, Chiropractic, Massage, and more (some restrictions may apply)
- Vacation is accrued starting on your first day of work at a rate of 4% of your earnings
- Marriott Destinations membership providing you with discounted room rates and food and beverage discounts at any of Marriott’s chain of hotels
Apply now or visit us to learn more information at www.livetheadventure.ab.ca