Director of Conference Services
Kananaskis Village, Alberta
Last Day to Apply: July 31, 2018
Employment Type: Full Time - Salaried
Come Work with Us and Live the Adventure
Director of Conference Services
Live the adventure and work for a resort with unlimited opportunities designed for hospitality professionals like you. Real life, hands on training and learning opportunities designed to teach you the day to day operation of a world class mountain resort. We will help you achieve excellence by mentoring you with some of the best talent in the industry. At the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge, we are growing leaders.
Located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge is a world class mountain resort property featuring 408 guest rooms, 5 unique Food & Beverage outlets, conference facilities, Alberta’s first Nordic spa and staff accommodations. All surrounded by untouched beauty and rugged mountain peaks in the Canadian Rockies and conveniently located one hour west of Calgary and forty five minutes south of Banff and Canmore.
We are looking for a Director of Conference Services
The Director of Conference Services manages event planning functions and staff on a daily basis. This position oversees the administrative processes with the pre-event and post-event phases of an event and the associated transitions between all event phases. The position ensures a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales while consistently delivering a high level of service. They ensure the team maximizes revenue opportunities by upselling and accurately forecasting (catering and group rooms) all event. This position is also involved in all resort programming and the build out of new events that create demand and deliver return. The position is responsible for achieving guest and employee satisfaction and for managing the financial performance of the department.
The ideal candidate will have a high school diploma and 4 years’ experience in the event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area, or a 2-year educational background from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major, coupled with 2 years’ experience in the event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
Why the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge
We are for the Hospitalians; those with an authentic passion to serve guests, who delight in delivering memorable experiences and seek to engage and build meaningful relationships. We are for the adventure enthusiast; those who want to explore nature’s beauty from their front door, who are ready to gear up for an adventure exploring the back country in the serenity of the Rockies.
Amazing Work Perks:
- Personal days: 4 per year after 6 months of continued full-time employment
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 5 of our dining outlets
- Growth and development opportunities, both personal and professional
- Onsite staff accommodations ($8.25-$13.50/day), which include a residence convenience store and employee gym
- One meal per day in our employee cafeteria (taxable benefit)
- Discounts on activities offered through our Activities Committee: Skydiving, Yoga, Golf Passes, Ski/Snowboard Passes, to name a few
- Shuttle access to Calgary, Banff, and the Big 3 Ski Resorts
- Health and Wellness benefits, including; Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Dental, Medical, Vision, Chiropractic, Massage, and more (some restrictions may apply)
- Vacation is accrued starting on your first day of work at a rate of 4% of your earnings
- Marriott Destinations membership providing you with discounted room rates and food and beverage discounts at any of Marriott’s chain of hotels
Apply now or visit us to learn more information at www.livetheadventure.ab.ca