Guest Service Agent
Kananaskis Village, Alberta
Last Day to Apply: June 11, 2018
Employment Type: Full Time - Hourly
Come Work with Us and Live the Adventure
Guest Service Agents
Live the adventure and work for a resort with unlimited opportunities designed for hospitality professionals like you. Real life, hands on training and learning opportunities designed to teach you the day to day operation of a first class mountain resort. We will help you achieve excellence by mentoring you with some of the best talent in the industry. At the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge, we are growing leaders.
Located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge is a world class mountain resort property featuring 408 guest rooms, 5 unique Food & Beverage outlets, conference facilities, spa and wellness centre and staff accommodations. All surrounded by untouched beauty and rugged mountain peaks in the Canadian Rockies and conveniently located one hour west of Calgary and forty five minutes south of Banff and Canmore.
We are looking for a Guest Service Agents
We are looking for an excellent team player to join our Front Office team at our newly renovated resort. You will be an important component in the repositioning of our resort to be a leading resort in the Autograph Collection by Marriott.
As a Guest Service Agent (GSA), you will be an important member of the Front Desk, Bell Desk & Concierge team that creates a warm arrival experience for the guest while exceeding their expectations. The GSA is responsible for the check in and check out process, communication of information, making suggestions about local amenities and attractions and delivering authentic hospitality to each and every guest.
You will be the first point of contact for our guests, assisting with the loading and unloading of luggage, providing valet parking, assisting with room deliveries, drive shuttles to local attractions and offer personalized services to enhance the guest’s stay.
As a Concierge, you will be an important member of the Front Office team that creates a warm arrival experience for the guest while exceeding their expectations. You will act as a guide to help guest rediscover the beauty of the Canadian Rockies through the endless list of activities inside and outside the resort.
In order to be successfully considered for this role you should have guest service experience in a 4-star hotel. You must possess a Motor Vehicle Operator’s License and be able to drive a standard vehicle.
You must be able to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment. A successful GSA is a high energy team player who is guest focused. You must be comfortable speaking to guests and assisting with solving problems with creative solutions. We commit to giving you the training, tools, support and feedback required to be successful; achieving excellence is up to you.
Why the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge
We are for the Hospitalians; those with an authentic passion to serve guests, who delight in delivering memorable experiences and seek to engage and build meaningful relationships. We are for the adventure enthusiast; those who want to explore nature’s beauty from their front door, who are ready to gear up for an adventure exploring the back country in the serenity of the Rockies.
Amazing Work Perks:
- Personal days: 4 per year after 6 months of continued full-time employment
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 5 of our dining outlets
- Growth and development opportunities, both personal and professional
- Onsite staff accommodations ($8.25-$13.50/day), which include a residence convenience store and employee gym
- One meal per day in our employee cafeteria (taxable benefit)
- Discounts on activities offered through our Activities Committee: Skydiving, Yoga, Golf Passes, Ski/Snowboard Passes, to name a few
- Shuttle access to Calgary, Banff, and the Big 3 Ski Resorts
- Health and Wellness benefits, including; Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Dental, Medical, Vision, Chiropractic, Massage, and more (some restrictions may apply)
- Vacation is accrued starting on your first day of work at a rate of 4% of your earnings
- Marriott Destinations membership providing you with discounted room rates and food and beverage discounts at any of Marriott’s chain of hotels
Apply now or visit us to learn more information at www.livetheadventure.ab.ca