Kananaskis Village, Alberta
Last Day to Apply: April 30, 2018
Employment Type: Full Time - Hourly
Come Work with Us and Live the Adventure
Live the adventure and work for a resort with unlimited opportunities designed for hospitality professionals like you. Real life, hands on training and learning opportunities designed to teach you the day to day operation of a first class mountain resort. We will help you achieve excellence by mentoring you with some of the best talent in the industry. At the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge, we are growing leaders.
Located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge is a world class mountain resort property featuring 408 guest rooms, 5 unique Food & Beverage outlets, conference facilities, spa and wellness centre and staff accommodations. All surrounded by untouched beauty and rugged mountain peaks in the Canadian Rockies and conveniently located one hour west of Calgary and forty five minutes south of Banff and Canmore.
We are looking for a Lobby Concierge
We are looking for an excellent team player to join our Front Office team at our newly renovated resort. As a Concierge, you will be an important member of the Front Office team that creates a warm arrival experience for the guests while exceeding their expectations. You will act as a guide to help guests rediscover the beauty of the Canadian Rockies through the endless list of activities inside and outside the resort.
You will be responding to guest’s requests for special arrangements or services (e.g., transportation, reservations, dry cleaning) by making arrangements or identifying appropriate providers. You will ensure that at all times, an up-to-date selection of booklets, guides, maps and brochures of local attractions are available. You will provide personal recommendations and make reservations for dining options in the Resort. You will also arrange taxis, chauffeur-hire limousines and the bookings of travel, entertainment and tour arrangements for the guests. You will be assisting guest’s book excursions, pre purchase lift tickets at Nakiska, and book tee times at the newly opened Kananaskis golf course. You will also be assisting guests in booking activities arranged by Family Activities including kid’s camp and so much more.
Apart from your regular duties, you will support guest services in the lobby and ensure that the lobby is well taken care of, and kept clean.
In order to be successfully considered for this role you should have guest service experience in a luxury 4-star hotel. You must be able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment. An active member of Les Clefs D’Or Canada is preferred. Possession of a Motor Vehicle Operator’s License is preferred.
Why the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge
We are for the Hospitalians; those with an authentic passion to serve guests, who delight in delivering memorable experiences and seek to engage and build meaningful relationships. We are for the adventure enthusiast; those who want to explore nature’s beauty from their front door, who are ready to gear up for an adventure exploring the back country in the serenity of the Rockies.
Amazing Work Perks:
- Personal days: 4 per year after 6 months of continued full-time employment
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 5 of our dining outlets
- Growth and development opportunities, both personal and professional
- Onsite staff accommodations ($8.25-$13.50/day), which include a residence convenience store and employee gym
- One meal per day in our employee cafeteria (taxable benefit)
- Discounts on activities offered through our Activities Committee: Skydiving, Yoga, Golf Passes, Ski/Snowboard Passes, to name a few
- Shuttle access to Calgary, Banff, and the Big 3 Ski Resorts
- Health and Wellness benefits, including; Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Dental, Medical, Vision, Chiropractic, Massage, and more (some restrictions may apply)
- Vacation is accrued starting on your first day of work at a rate of 4% of your earnings
- Marriott Destinations membership providing you with discounted room rates and food and beverage discounts at any of Marriott’s chain of hotels
Apply now or visit us to learn more information at www.livetheadventure.ab.ca