Assistant Banquet Manager
Kananaskis Village, Alberta
Last Day to Apply: February 28, 2018
Employment Type: Full Time - Salaried
Come Work with Us and Live the Adventure
Assistant Banquet Manager
Live the adventure and work for a resort with unlimited opportunities designed for hospitality professionals like you. Real life, hands on training and learning opportunities designed to teach you the day to day operation of a first class mountain resort. We will help you achieve excellence by mentoring you with some of the best talent in the industry. At the Delta Lodge at Kananaskis we are growing leaders.
Located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, the Delta Lodge at Kananaskis is a world class mountain resort property featuring 408 guest rooms, 5 unique Food & Beverage outlets, conference facilities, spa and wellness centre and staff accommodations. All surrounded by untouched beauty and rugged mountain peaks in the Canadian Rockies and conveniently located one hour west of Calgary and forty five minutes south of Banff and Canmore.
We are looking for an Assistant Banquet Manager
As the Assistant Banquet Manager, you will assist the Banquet Manager in providing elevated banquet operations while ensuring guest satisfaction, working closely with the Catering Department and the culinary team to organize and coordinate events.
You must be very detail oriented within all aspects of a function: setup, cleanliness, timing based on agenda, ability to lead by example, and have strong organizational skills. You are a motivated self-starter and have excellent multi-tasking skills.
Your responsibilities will be two-fold: operations and administrative. Operationally, you will be responsible for providing guidance, training and leadership to Banquet Supervisors/Captains and colleagues; creating and updating Banquet Standards of Procedure for transition from Delta to Autograph Hotel; conduct regular inspections of all catered space ensuring the highest state of cleanliness and working order is maintained for all aspects of this catered space, and oversee the Banquet Health and Safety requirements.
You will ensure the quality and presentation of food and beverage products, quality of service, cleanliness and atmosphere of all Banquet Events, and the promotion of a team environment through fair and equal treatment.
Administrative responsibilities would involve recruitment, maintaining inventory for day to day operations of the department; conduct annual reviews with Banquet Manager; scheduling; plan and facilitate monthly communication meetings, and updating and maintaining colleague training manuals.
The successful incumbent will have a minimum of 2 years’ supervisory experience in a similar capacity, including at least 18 months experience in banquets. Superior interpersonal and communication skills are necessary, and post-secondary education in Food & Beverage Management is preferred.
Why the Delta Lodge at Kananaskis
We are for the Hospitalians; those with an authentic passion to serve guests, who delight in delivering memorable experiences and seek to engage and build meaningful relationships. We are for the adventure enthusiast; those who want to explore nature’s beauty from their front door, who are ready to gear up for an adventure exploring the back country in the serenity of the Rockies.
Amazing Work Perks:
- Personal days: 4 per year after 6 months of continued full-time employment
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 5 of our dining outlets
- Growth and development opportunities, both personal and professional
- Onsite staff accommodations ($8.25-$13.50/day), which include a residence convenience store and employee gym
- Free use of all our resort recreation facilities
- One meal per day in our employee cafeteria (taxable benefit)
- Discounts on activities offered through our Activities Committee: Skydiving, Yoga, Golf Passes, Ski/Snowboard Passes, to name a few
- Shuttle access to Calgary, Banff, and the Big 3 Ski Resorts
- Health and Wellness benefits, including; Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Dental, Medical, Vision, Chiropractic, Massage, and more (some restrictions may apply)
- Vacation is accrued starting on your first day of work at a rate of 4% of your earnings
- Marriott Destinations membership providing you with discounted room rates and food and beverage discounts at any of Marriott’s chain of hotels
Apply now or visit us to learn more information at www.livetheadventure.ab.ca