Kananaskis Village, Alberta
Last Day to Apply: February 23, 2018
Employment Type: Full Time - Hourly
Come Work with Us and Live the Adventure
Live the adventure and work for a resort with unlimited opportunities designed for hospitality professionals like you. Real life, hands on training and learning opportunities designed to teach you the day to day operation of a first class mountain resort. We will help you achieve excellence by mentoring you with some of the best talent in the industry. At the Delta Lodge at Kananaskis we are growing leaders.
Located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, the Delta Lodge at Kananaskis is a world class mountain resort property featuring 408 guest rooms, 5 unique Food & Beverage outlets, conference facilities, spa and wellness centre and staff accommodations. All surrounded by untouched beauty and rugged mountain peaks in the Canadian Rockies and conveniently located one hour west of Calgary and forty five minutes south of Banff and Canmore.
We are looking for a Restaurants Supervisor
We are looking for an excellent team player with strong 4-star service and leadership experience to join our Restaurant team.
This position is 100% operations. Reporting to our Forte Manager, the incumbent will also be expected to assist in other food and beverage areas as necessary. Our top candidate will have a strong drive to succeed, inspiring the team to deliver on our Brand promise! They have exceptional motivational and organizational skills, and favour a hands-on approach with staff to ensure optimal results. Key objectives will include floor supervision of our 5 dining outlets, continuous development of the service team, and ensuring a productive, well-maintained working environment, while having the ability to foster a strong team spirit. You will achieve excellence by maintaining standard operating procedures and exceeding financial metrics. You will be an important component in the repositioning of our resort to be a leading resort in the Autograph Collection.
In order to be successfully considered for this role, you will have a minimum of one year of supervisory experience within a similar setting, along with 3 or more years of serving experience in a similar operation. You will have experience working in a variety of restaurant settings, and have a good understanding of current food and beverage trends, and completion of a business or hospitality degree is preferred.
Why the Delta Lodge at Kananaskis
We are for the Hospitalians; those with an authentic passion to serve guests, who delight in delivering memorable experiences and seek to engage and build meaningful relationships. We are for the adventure enthusiast; those who want to explore nature’s beauty from their front door, who are ready to gear up for an adventure exploring the back country in the serenity of the Rockies.
Amazing Work Perks:
- Personal days: 4 per year after 6 months of continued full-time employment
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 5 of our dining outlets
- Growth and development opportunities, both personal and professional
- Onsite staff accommodations ($8.25-$13.50/day), which include a residence convenience store and employee gym
- Free use of all our resort recreation facilities
- One meal per day in our employee cafeteria (taxable benefit)
- Discounts on activities offered through our Activities Committee: Skydiving, Yoga, Golf Passes, Ski/Snowboard Passes, to name a few
- Shuttle access to Calgary, Banff, and the Big 3 Ski Resorts
- Health and Wellness benefits, including; Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Dental, Medical, Vision, Chiropractic, Massage, and more (some restrictions may apply)
- Vacation is accrued starting on your first day of work at a rate of 4% of your earnings
- Marriott Destinations membership providing you with discounted room rates and food and beverage discounts at any of Marriott’s chain of hotels
Visit us to learn more information and to apply at www.livetheadventure.ab.ca