Assistant Front Office Manager
Kananaskis Village, Alberta
Last Day to Apply: March 17, 2018
Employment Type: Full Time - Salaried
Come Work with Us and Live the Adventure
Assistant Front Office Manager
Live the adventure and work for a resort with unlimited opportunities designed for hospitality professionals like you. Real life, hands on training and learning opportunities designed to teach you the day to day operation of a first class mountain resort. We will help you achieve excellence by mentoring you with some of the best talent in the industry. At the Delta Lodge at Kananaskis we are growing leaders.
Located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, the Delta Lodge at Kananaskis is a world class mountain resort property featuring 408 guest rooms, 5 unique Food & Beverage outlets, conference facilities, spa and wellness centre and staff accommodations. All surrounded by untouched beauty and rugged mountain peaks in the Canadian Rockies and conveniently located one hour west of Calgary and forty five minutes south of Banff and Canmore.
We are looking for an Assistant Front Office Manager
As the Assistant Front Office Manager, you will responsible for overseeing the front desk, switch board, bell desk, family activities, and concierge. We are looking for a dynamic leader who is excited about change, and developing an engaging team. In 2018, we will be undergoing a rebranding to a Marriott Autograph Collection. This transformation will require high attention to detail, changing of procedures, and retraining of our Front Office team. The role requires flexibility with hours and the ability to work in a fast paced, and at times, unsupervised environment. The Assistant Front Office Manager will be responsible for managing a team of supervisors and associates and will report directly to the Front Office Manager. The successful incumbent will coach and mentor the front office team by creating an environment of contagious learning and job fulfillment in a positive working environment in support of our employee engagement goals. They will lead in the achievement of the departments’ revenue goals through training, motivation, promotion, and incentives in pursuit of our room upsell and parking targets. They will assist in managing the recruitment, interviewing, onboarding and training off all front office employees. We expect our leaders to lead from the front and help enhance the guest experience by providing exceptional service.
To be considered for this role, you must have been in a leadership position within front office operations for a minimum of 2 years. A degree in hospitality management is preferred. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, energetic person who is capable of carrying out all charges in a diversified Resort environment.
Why the Delta Lodge at Kananaskis
We are for the Hospitalians; those with an authentic passion to serve guests, who delight in delivering memorable experiences and seek to engage and build meaningful relationships. We are for the adventure enthusiast; those who want to explore nature’s beauty from their front door, who are ready to gear up for an adventure exploring the back country in the serenity of the Rockies.
Amazing Work Perks:
- Personal days: 4 per year after 6 months of continued full-time employment
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 5 of our dining outlets
- Growth and development opportunities, both personal and professional
- Onsite staff accommodations ($8.25-$13.50/day), which include a residence convenience store and employee gym
- Free use of all our resort recreation facilities
- One meal per day in our employee cafeteria (taxable benefit)
- Discounts on activities offered through our Activities Committee: Skydiving, Yoga, Golf Passes, Ski/Snowboard Passes, to name a few
- Shuttle access to Calgary, Banff, and the Big 3 Ski Resorts
- Health and Wellness benefits, including; Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Dental, Medical, Vision, Chiropractic, Massage, and more (some restrictions may apply)
- Vacation is accrued starting on your first day of work at a rate of 4% of your earnings
- Marriott Destinations membership providing you with discounted room rates and food and beverage discounts at any of Marriott’s chain of hotels
Apply now or visit us to learn more information at www.livetheadventure.ab.ca