Kananaskis Village, Alberta
Last Day to Apply: January 05, 2018
Employment Type: Full Time - Salaried
Come Work with Us and Live the Adventure
Accounting Coordinator – Audit / Cashier
Live the adventure and work for a resort with unlimited opportunities designed for hospitality professionals like you. Real life, hands on training and learning opportunities designed to teach you the day to day operation of a first class mountain resort. We will help you achieve excellence by mentoring you with some of the best talent in the industry. At the Delta Lodge at Kananaskis we are growing leaders.
Located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, the Delta Lodge at Kananaskis is a world class mountain resort property featuring 408 guest rooms, 5 unique Food & Beverage outlets, conference facilities, spa and wellness centre and staff accommodations. All surrounded by untouched beauty and rugged mountain peaks in the Canadian Rockies and conveniently located one hour west of Calgary and forty five minutes south of Banff and Canmore.
We are looking for an Accounting Coordinator
We are looking for an Accounting Coordinator to fill the joint task of income audit and general cashier for the Lodge. Additional cross-training opportunities may be available in accounts receivable or accounts payable once these duties are completed.
Reporting to the Senior Accountant, the Accounting Coordinator will be responsible for reviewing and approving daily sales journals from Mount Kidd Manor and preparing the income journal for the Delta Lodge. The incumbent will prepare daily flash reports and assist with house account write-offs. In addition, the accounting coordinator will be responsible for balancing the main safe and preparing daily deposits, due backs, and employee float audits. On a quarterly basis or as menus change the accounting coordinator will be responsible for auditing F&B menu prices.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent guest service skills and have a passion for hospitality. They have a strong internal drive to succeed and can work independently. Our top candidate would be a hospitality management or accounting student looking to gain industry experience. Previous Night Audit, Front Desk, or GSA experience in a hotel is required. Cash handling experience is mandatory, and working knowledge of Excel, Opera, or MSI are assets. Characteristics would include strong detail orientation and a sound acumen for systems.
Why the Delta Lodge at Kananaskis
We are for the Hospitalians; those with an authentic passion to serve guests, who delight in delivering memorable experiences and seek to engage and build meaningful relationships. We are for the adventure enthusiast; those who want to explore nature’s beauty from their front door, who are ready to gear up for an adventure exploring the back country in the serenity of the Rockies.
Amazing Work Perks:
- Personal days: 4 per year after 6 months of continued full-time employment
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 5 of our dining outlets
- Growth and development opportunities, both personal and professional
- Onsite staff accommodations ($8.25-$13.50/day), which include a residence convenience store and employee gym
- Free use of all our resort recreation facilities including the Summit Spa and Fitness Centre
- One meal per day in our employee cafeteria (taxable benefit)
- Discounts on activities offered through our Activities Committee: Skydiving, Yoga, Golf Passes, Ski/Snowboard Passes, to name a few
- Shuttle access to Calgary, Banff, and the Big 3 Ski Resorts
- Health and Wellness benefits, including; Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Dental, Medical, Vision, Chiropractic, Massage, and more (some restrictions may apply)
- Vacation is accrued starting on your first day of work at a rate of 4% of your earnings
- Marriott Destinations membership providing you with discounted room rates and food and beverage discounts at any of Marriott’s chain of hotels
Apply now or visit us to learn more information at www.livetheadventure.ab.ca