Wedding & Social Catering Manager
Kananaskis Village, Alberta
Last Day to Apply: December 28, 2017
Employment Type: Full Time - Salaried
Come Work with Us and Live the Adventure
Event Manager – Weddings and Social Catering
Live the adventure and work for a resort with unlimited opportunities designed for hospitality professionals like you. Real life, hands on training and learning opportunities designed to teach you the day to day operation of a first class mountain resort. We will help you achieve excellence by mentoring you with some of the best talent in the industry. At the Delta Lodge at Kananaskis we are growing leaders.
Located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, the Delta Lodge at Kananaskis is a world class mountain resort property featuring 408 guest rooms, 5 unique Food & Beverage outlets, conference facilities, spa and wellness centre and staff accommodations. All surrounded by untouched beauty and rugged mountain peaks in the Canadian Rockies and conveniently located one hour west of Calgary and forty five minutes south of Banff and Canmore.
We are looking for an Event Manager with focus on the Wedding and Social Catering Market
The Event Manager who will focus on the Wedding & Social Catering Market. is the liaison between client, vendors and the resort operations team. Your role is critical in ensuring events are coordinated and executed seamlessly. You get to work with a talented team of professionals in Sales, Food & Beverage and Catering Services. Building relationships with clients and vendors is a key aspect of this role.
As the Event Manager, Weddings and Social Catering you will use your exceptional knowledge of the wedding and social markets along with your strong organizational and guest service skills to organize and execute memorable events for groups, ensuring no detail has been overlooked. You will achieve excellence by meeting or exceeding planned revenue objectives for yourself and the team. You will be an important component in the repositioning of our resort to be a leading 4* resort hotel.
You will be responsible to manage incoming leads, do site tours, create proposals, create contracts and then manage the details of the special event. You will monitor the group room blocks and pick-up, create the Event Orders and work with the operational departments in the hotel to insure the flawless execution of the event. The list of coordination details within this role are too numerous to outline so suffice it to say it is the soup to nuts of venue coordination for these events.
In order to be successfully considered for this role you will have 3 or more years of Hotel Hospitality experience and at least one year in the sales or event planning area. Microsoft Word and Excel computer skills are essential, and additional PC skills are required. Hospitality education is an asset, and advanced customer service skills, the ability to handle client requests seamlessly, and able to build and nuture relationships with vendors and clients are key components to success in this role. Strong attention to detail, professional apperance and telephone manner are all essential.
Why the Delta Lodge at Kananaskis
We are for the Hospitalians; those with an authentic passion to serve guests, who delight in delivering memorable experiences and seek to engage and build meaningful relationships. We are for the adventure enthusiast; those who want to explore nature’s beauty from their front door, who are ready to gear up for an adventure exploring the back country in the serenity of the Rockies.
Amazing Work Perks:
- Personal days: 4 per year after 6 months of continued full-time employment
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 5 of our dining outlets
- Growth and development opportunities, both personal and professional
- Onsite staff accommodations ($8.25-$13.50/day), which include a residence convenience store and employee gym
- Free use of all our resort recreation facilities including the Summit Spa and Fitness Centre
- One meal per day in our employee cafeteria (taxable benefit)
- Discounts on activities offered through our Activities Committee: Skydiving, Yoga, Golf Passes, Ski/Snowboard Passes, to name a few
- Shuttle access to Calgary, Banff, and the Big 3 Ski Resorts
- Health and Wellness benefits, including; Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Dental, Medical, Vision, Chiropractic, Massage, and more (some restrictions may apply)
- Vacation is accrued starting on your first day of work at a rate of 4% of your earnings
- Marriott Destinations membership providing you with discounted room rates and food and beverage discounts at any of Marriott’s chain of hotels
Apply now or visit us to learn more information at www.livetheadventure.ab.ca