Fort St. John, British Columbia
Employment Type: Full Time - Hourly
As a Housekeeping Attendant you are authorized to exceed guest expectations by creating “picture perfect” guest experiences throughout the hotel; each and every shift. From the hotel lobby right through to the guest room itself; the Guests’ first impression around cleanliness is a powerful and lasting one.
Some Duties of a Housekeeping Attendant include:
- Own the guest experience by cleaning and presenting the room to its fullest potential.
- Report maintenance issues by preparing maintenance work orders as soon as you see the deficiency.
- Prepare for your shift with a well-stocked cart; complete with approved cleaning supplies, linens and guest room supplies. Ensure your vacuum, mop and dusters are clean and in good working order.
- Respect for guest property and privacy should always be exercised; strict adherence to lost and found procedures on all items found in guest rooms and public areas. Guest articles should never be removed from occupied rooms.
- Guarding our guests and your own personal safety and security is paramount; you must know and practice all emergency procedures for the hotel and policies that protect the privacy and security of our guests and yourself
- Previous experience in housekeeping or in a hotel is an asset
- Desire to work as a team player and establish a connection with coworkers and management to cultivate a positive atmosphere
- Proficient in English
- Attention to detail and pride in a quality job done well
The Housekeeping department is typically the largest department in the hotel, operating 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year. Housekeeping may experience:
- Long periods of standing and bending
- Continuous physical movement during work hours
- Lifting up to, but not limited to, 30 lbs.
- Periods of working alone