Part-Time Night Auditor
Grande Prairie, Alberta
Employment Type: Part Time - Hourly
Job Summary: As a Night Auditor you are accountable for balancing and closing the day’s business in an accurate and timely manner, preparing the hotel for the next day’s operation and for the safety of all of our guests and employees on property. You are authorized to exceed guest expectations and maximize room revenue each and every shift. You will achieve excellence by making business decisions that are focused on upholding the highest standards in guest service while delivering against key financial goals and performance metrics for the department. The Night Auditor shift is typically 11:00pm to 7:00am.
Some of the Night Auditor duties include:
- Perform end of day procedures and night audit checklist with attention to detail and accuracy especially those relating to cash handling. This is critical as the information that the night audit team supplies allows the other members of the hotel team to fulfill their roles in day to day operations.
- Own the guest’s sense of arrival by checking in and out guests, taking reservations, monitoring the cleanliness and readiness of guest areas.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are two skills that support excellence; the ability to make the guest’s stay hassle free is tied directly to accuracy in making reservations, posting and settling room charges, handling and reconciling cash, settling room folios to credit cards or GL accounts, end of day balancing, rewriting log entries, and communicating to fellow peers any pertinent information.
- Respond to guest complaints by seeking to understand to resolve all issues prior to the guest’s departure.
- Contribute as an engaged team member by participating in department meetings, community gatherings, people events, social committees and surveys throughout the year.
- Superb listening, comprehension, & communication skills
- Previous Experience an asset
- Related post-secondary certification an asset
- Computer savvy
Night Auditors typically work alone and must have a strong ability to work independently and act without immediate guidance or supervision. The Night Auditor may experience:
- Long periods of standing and interacting
- Ability to work nights (11:00 PM – 7:00 AM)
- Ability to successfully work alone and unsupervised
- Exposure to brief period of cold air due to location of front desk.