Grande Prairie, Alberta
Posted On: July 12, 2019
Employment Type: Full Time - Hourly
As a Breakfast Attendant you are authorized to exceed guest expectations by creating a welcoming and personalized breakfast experience for every guest. You will achieve excellence by preparing for and setting up breakfast each day ensuring that it is focused on upholding the highest standards in food service, while delivering authentic and genuine guest service.
Some of a Breakfast Attendant's duties are:
- Welcoming each and every guest as they enter the breakfast room by making eye contact and verbally acknowledging them.
- Preparing for your shift starts with a well-stocked pantry with dry and fresh items; complete with Brand approved menu requirements. Leaving yourself enough time to set up all stations on the breakfast bar, brew coffee and prepare hot items for the start of breakfast hours.
- Maintaining clean food prep, service areas and ensure all equipment is in good working order. Report any deficiencies immediately to your supervisor.
- Responds to guest complaints by seeking to understand to resolve all issues prior to the guest’s departure.
- Empowered to develop and maintain positive working relationships and communication with every team member and supporting the team to reach shared goals.
Breakfast Attendants have a great deal of impact as they are in constant contact with our guests and are extremely influential to the overall guest experience. They spend most of their time on their feet, and are frequently required to respond quickly in fast paced and noisy environments.
- Long periods of standing and interacting with the guest
- Early morning shifts that are required any day of the week or weekend
- Periods of working alone
- Physical Temperature change from back of the house to front of the house
- Continuous physical movement during work hours
- Previous experience in a hotel position is an asset
- Desire to work as a team player and establish a connection with guests
- Proficient in English
- Attention to detail and pride in a quality job done well
- Excellent listening and comprehension skills required
- Food Safe