Corporate Director of Sales
Posted On: June 28, 2019
Employment Type: Full Time - Salaried
Corporate Director of Sales
As a leader of this high powered sales team you will be responsible to create and execute a sales strategy that supports the overall strategic gaols of the organization. The role requires resourcefulness and drive; a natural influencer that can lead a team of high performers. You will be the champion of managing the company’s proactive sales efforts and by leading and teaching your people to make business decisions that are focused on upholding the highest standards in guest service while delivering against key financial goals and performance metrics. We commit to giving you the training, tools, support and feedback required to be successful; achieving excellence is up to you.
This full time role will be based part time at the Pomeroy Lodging Calgary regional office and the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge Autograph Collection. As the Corporate Director of Sales you will be responsilbe to:
- Develop positive, proactive and disciplined communication programs across the organization; building working relationships that support the achievement of organizational goals. Meetings are structured and timely. Particular attention to building long-term value based client relationships.
- Conducts weekly Sales (Hunter) Meetings to ensure fiscal revenue targets are being actively pursued and that their people are held accountable for agreed sales activities and performance against personal and team goals.
- Leads development of strategic plans for each key account; working with each member of their Sales Team to optimize account volumes in support of overall revenue targets.
- Works collaboratively as a member of the Revenue Management Team in developing effective revenue strategies and setting aggressive goals that will drive the properties financial performances.
- Collaborates with VP Sales to forecast business volumes on a 30/60/90 day and rolling 12 month basis.
- Works within budgeted parameters; further when revenues vary from budget there is a plan in place to adjust expenses to optimize flow through rates down to Gross Operating Profit.
- Proficient in all IT Solutions/Processes particularly ReServe within the Division; pursues continuous improvement in the application and training processes associated with IT systems within their area.
- Tracking and analysing results to provide action plans and commentary related to the performance of the Sales Team; both through formal written executive commentaries or as required by our external stakeholders.
Skills & Experience:
- Post-Secondary Degree
- Minimum 10 years of hotel sales experience
- Significant business leadership experience with a minimum of 5 years of Department Head leadership experience
- Previous experience leading sales professionals and building highly functioning teams is an asset
- Strong organizational, planning and analytical skills
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Advanced presentation skills with the ability to tailor an audience-appropriate message
- Excellent leadership skills that will incite enthusiasm, provide vision, and ensure that direct reports deliver timely and exceptional results
- Ability to keep the "big picture" strategic path in focus while also managing the details.
We are fast growing people first, values based organization. We offer excellent people programs, perks, compensation and benefit packages. Apply today to become a leader in our organization today.
About Pomeroy Lodging
Pomeroy Lodging is Western Canada’s leader in hospitality and lodging. Driven to meet every need, we own and operate a comprehensive range of hotels and resorts throughout the West. Our investment goes well beyond the walls of our hotels and the land we build on. Pomeroy Lodging is committed to investing heavily in our people, properties, and communities.