Guest Service Manager
Prince George, British Columbia
Posted On: June 25, 2019
Employment Type: Full Time - Salaried
Job Summary: As a Guest Service Manager you are authorized to exceed guest expectations through the people you lead at the Front Desk, in the Breakfast Room and within the Clean Team - Housekeeping, Laundry and Janitorial. You will achieve excellence by leading and teaching your people to make business and service decisions that are focused on upholding the highest standards in guest and employee retention while delivering against key financial goals and performance metrics for the hotel. You will deliver this leadership throughout the orientation, training, performance management, and communication processes.
Some of the Guest Service Manager's duties are:
- Leading across all departments to execute VIP arrival protocols, communicating between AM and PM Front Desk shifts to maximize awareness and if possible handing each VIP check in personally.
- Schedules all areas so that monthly labour costs fall within budgeted guidelines, so that peak demand periods are fully staffed and so that each member of the team can balance work with their obligations in life.
- Sees the Big Picture by coaching the decisions and behaviours of your people in support of both hotel and portfolio wide financial and service goals; promoting program like “Pass the Buck$” referrals and Clean Team of the Year with each member of your team to drive quality and maximum RevPAR on a daily basis.
- Coaches the performance of their team members on a daily basis providing positive feedback immediately after positive behaviours/outcomes are observed and providing one-on-one constructive feedback as required.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
- Minimum of 2000 hours or 1 year of hands on experience as Front Desk Manager.
- Post-Secondary education in a related field is always recommended
- Excellent listening, comprehension and communication skills required
- Possess a strong leadership attitude
- Computer savvy
- Ability to multi-task, produce accurate work against hard deadlines
Working Conditions: The Guest Service Manager (GSM) spends a lot of time interacting with guests and employees in all areas of the hotel and must possess high energy and an ability to lead by doing. The GSM is the primary contact for all guest services for a hotel operating 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year. The Guest Service Manager may experience:
- Require long periods of standing and interacting with the guest
- Shifts that are required will be dayshift or afternoon/evening shifts any day of the week or weekend
- Periods of working alone
- Due to the location of our front desk at the entrance to our hotels Front Desk Agents will be exposed to brief periods of cold to very cold air in the winter as front doors open and close