Terrace, British Columbia
Employment Type: Full Time - Hourly
As a Bartender you are authorized to exceed guest expectations and maximize food & beverage revenue each and every shift. You will achieve excellence by provide our guests with efficient and friendly food and beverage service while remaining focused on upholding the highest standards in guest service while delivering against key financial goals and performance metrics for the department. We commit to giving you the training, tools, support and feedback required to be successful; achieving excellence is up to you.
Some of the Bartender duties include:
- Complete all opening/closing duties, extra side duties and other checklists to the best of your ability. Never leaving it for the next shift to complete.
- Own the guest’s sense of arrival by monitoring the cleanliness and readiness of the restaurant/lounge and in particular the bar. This includes the wood top, ice wells, beer taps, liquor guns, display shelving, coolers, garbage receptacles and dishwasher area.
- Sell the food and beverage specials, menu features and benefits and up-sell. This requires excellent product knowledge and advanced communication skills.
- Secure and regulates the control of all hard liquor, beer, wine, coolers etc. by ensuring cabinets and storage areas are locked when not in use; completing inventory with care and accuracy. Taking special care in proper documentation of requisitions, transfers and spillage.
- Previous experience as a bartender or in a food & beverage position is an asset
- Ability to remain calm under pressure while working in a fast-paced environment
- Computer savvy
- Excellent communication skills, ability to multi-task and organize, produce accurate work and guest service
- Excellent listening and comprehension skills required.
- Long periods of standing and interacting with the guest
- Shift work is required. Rotating based on the hours of operation from morning to afternoon to evening shifts any day of the week or weekend
- Periods of working under pressure to serve guests quickly and efficiently.
- Required to move, lift, carry, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance