Front Desk Agent
Grande Prairie, Alberta
Employment Type: Part Time - Hourly
Job Summary:As a Front Desk Agent you are authorized to exceed guest expectations and maximize room revenue each and every shift. You will achieve excellence by making business decisions that are focused on upholding the highest standards in guest service while delivering against key financial goals and performance metrics for the department. We commit to giving you the training, tools, support and feedback required to be successful; achieving excellence is up to you.
Front Desk Agent perform some or all of the following duties:
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Adhere to all standard operating procedures and understand all hotel processes and policies Train cleaning staff
- Selling the hotel’s features and benefits over the phone, and in person at the front desk, and securing the reservation (sale) is a daily activity requiring excellent product knowledge and advanced communication skills.
- Respond to guest concerns by seeking to understand to resolve all issues prior to the guest’s departure
- Previous experience an asset
- Post-Secondary education in a related field is an asset
- Computer Savvy
- Proficient in English
- Attention to detail and pride in one’s work.
- Advanced communication skills
Working Conditions:The Front Desk is the pulse of the hotel, the front line of all guest services, the most plugged in place in the hotel, operating 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year. Housekeeping may experience:
- Long periods of standing and bending
- Periods of working alone
- Lifting up to, but not limited to, 30 lbs
- Due to the location of our front desk in our hotels, Front Desk Agents will be exposed to brief periods of cold to very cold air in the winter as front doors open and close