Kananaskis Village, Alberta
Last Day to Apply: August 30, 2019
Employment Type: Full Time - Hourly
We are looking for a Security Guard
Start a new Adventure while working for an Autograph by Marriott resort located in the heart of the iconic Canadian Rockies! The Kananaskis Mountain Lodge is surrounded by untouched beauty and rugged mountain peaks, offering a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for those seeking a culture that offers a work-hard, play-hard mantra, an empowering workplace, industry-best perks and benefits, and amazing development opportunities for those looking to grow a career. Join the Marriott family today!
The Safety & Security Guard’s role is to assist the Resort in maintaining the security and safety of all facilities, 1,000+ guests and 300+ employees in three properties, three residence complexes, and one leased public building. The Safety & Security Guard is the designated responder on site to any & all emergencies, working in coordination with other departments and outside agencies to resolve threats to the safety of guests, staff, and visitors within Kananaskis Village. You will be responsible for conducting regular patrols of property and conducting safety/fire inspections, ensuring follow up as required. You will conduct investigations regarding thefts, disturbances, and complete daily reports for management. Enforcing hotel and residence rules and regulations along with providing first aid to guests and employees is critical. You will also participate in fire training sessions as a member of the first response team, and liaise with local police and fire agencies.
In order to be considered for this role, you will possess a valid Alberta Basic Security License. An advanced First Aid/CPR certificate, and the ability to demonstrate previous security / site safety experience or training, with previous fire training, OH&S experience or training are all assets. You will be willing to work afternoon and night shifts.
Rate of Pay: $17.10 - $18.80/hour
Experience the Kananaskis Mountain Lodge here: https://vimeo.com/261927699
- Marriott Destinations membership providing you with discounted room rates and food and beverage discounts at any of Marriott’s chain of hotels
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 5 of our dining outlets
- Onsite newly-renovated staff accommodations (starting from $8.25/day) which include a residence convenience store and employee gym
- One meal per day in our brand new employee cafeteria (taxable benefit)
- Discounts on activities offered through our Activities Committee: Skydiving, Yoga, Golf Passes, Ski/Snowboard Passes, to name a few
- Shuttle access to Calgary, Banff, and the Big 3 Ski Resorts
- Personal days: 4 per year after 6 months of continued full-time employment
- Growth and development opportunities, both personal and professional
- Health and Wellness benefits (some restrictions may apply)
- Vacation is accrued starting on your first day of work at a rate of 4% of your earnings
Apply now or visit us to learn more information at www.livetheadventure.ab.ca