Fort St. John, British Columbia
Last Day to Apply: May 31, 2019
Employment Type: Full Time - Salaried
Job Summary: As a Housekeeping Manager you are authorized to exceed guest expectations by leading your people to create “picture perfect” guest experiences throughout the hotel each and every shift. From the hotel lobby right through to the guest room itself; the Guests’ first impression around cleanliness is a powerful and lasting one.
Some of the Housekeeping Manager's duties are:
- Personally guiding each new hire through orientation and delivering the technical training required to be successful; supporting the training process with daily feedback, one-on-one coaching and performance reviews.
- Prevent minor maintenance issues from becoming major issues reporting deficiencies and preparing maintenance work orders. Consistently following up on all work orders with maintenance to ensure rooms are fully operational.
- Problem Solving is a daily occurrence in housekeeping; in your leadership position you must have the experience, confidence and interpersonal skills to take quick action to resolve guest complaints. You will be required to assist the mentoring of your team by growing their skills and empowering them to deliver solutions on their own.
- Meeting with your team daily, weekly and monthly; keeping your people informed of property and corporate communication, progress against goals, changes to procedures and best practices.
- Guarding our guests and your own personal safety and security is paramount; you must know and practice all emergency procedures for the hotel and policies that protect the privacy and security of our guests and yourself.
- Minimum of 1000 hours or 6 months of hands experience in a housekeeping position
- Excellent listening, communication and multi-tasking skills required
- Possess a strong leadership attitude
- Proficient in English
- Attention to detail and pride in a quality job done well
Working Conditions: The Housekeeping department is typically the largest department in the hotel, operating 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year. Housekeeping may experience:
- Require long periods of standing and bending
- Continuous physical movement during work hours
- Lifting up to but not limited to 30lbs
- Periods of working alone