Assistant Chief Engineer
Kananaskis Village, Alberta
Last Day to Apply: June 28, 2019
Employment Type: Full Time - Salaried
We are looking for an Assistant Chief Engineer
Start a new Adventure while working for an Autograph by Marriott resort located in the heart of the iconic Canadian Rockies! The Kananaskis Mountain Lodge is surrounded by untouched beauty and rugged mountain peaks, offering a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for those seeking a culture that offers a work-hard, play-hard mantra, an empowering workplace, industry-best perks and benefits, and amazing development opportunities for those looking to grow a career. Join the Marriott family today!
The Assistant Chief Engineer is responsible for overseeing major mechanical systems, preventative maintenance programs, physical guest room product, and directing employees within the scope of the engineering division. You will ensure that an effective team is developed and works together as a unit, ensuring all aspects of an assigned task are completed in a timely manner and to the highest quality of standards. You will ensure that our operating equipment is maintained to the highest of standards and in a safe manner, utilizing the services of highly qualified and quality-oriented suppliers, identify and prioritize organizational objectives, ensuring that the department’s process is continuously improved through the use of ongoing evaluation of performance.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have 3-5 years’ experience in a progressively senior role of responsibility with strong knowledge and understanding of the engineering and maintenance process. Post-secondary education in a related field is an asset. Qualified candidates should possess their 4th or 5th Class Power Engineer Certificate, at minimum for 3 years.
Experience the Kananaskis Mountain Lodge here: https://vimeo.com/261927699
- Marriott Destinations membership providing you with discounted room rates and food and beverage discounts at any of Marriott’s chain of hotels
- Room discounts with the Pomeroy family of hotels
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 5 of our dining outlets
- Onsite newly-renovated staff accommodations (starting from $8.25/day) which include a residence convenience store and employee gym
- One meal per day in our brand new employee cafeteria (taxable benefit)
- Discounts on activities offered through our Activities Committee: Skydiving, Yoga, Golf Passes, Ski/Snowboard Passes, to name a few
- Shuttle access to Calgary, Banff, and the Big 3 Ski Resorts
- Personal days: 4 per year after 6 months of continued full-time employment
- Growth and development opportunities, both personal and professional
- Health and Wellness benefits (some restrictions may apply)
- Vacation is accrued starting on your first day of work at a rate of 4% of your earnings
Apply now or visit us to learn more information at www.livetheadventure.ab.ca