Prince George, British Columbia
Last Day to Apply: May 31, 2019
Employment Type: Full Time - Hourly
Job Summary : As a Housekeeping Supervisor you are authorized to exceed guest expectations through the supervision of your people; by creating “picture perfect” guest experiences throughout the hotel each and every shift. From the hotel lobby right through to the guest room itself; the Guests’ first impression around cleanliness is a powerful and lasting one. While you will be assigned a primary hotel you will oversee people in either hotel as required.
Housekeeping Supervisors perform some or all of the following duties:
- Supervise and co-ordinate the work of housekeeping attendants, specialized cleaners and janitors
- Inspect areas to ensure established safety and cleanliness standards are met
- Train cleaning staff
- May perform certain cleaning duties.
- Minimum of 1000 hours or 6 months of hands on experience in a housekeeping position
- Excellent listening, communication, & multi-taking skills
- Proven leadership abilities
- Proficient in English
- Attention to detail and pride in one’s work.
- Previous supervisory or training experience is required.
The Housekeeping department is typically the largest department in the hotel, operating 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year. Housekeeping may experience:
- Long periods of standing and bending
- Periods of working alone
- Lifting up to, but not limited to, 30 lbs
- Continuous physical movement during work hours