Brand Support Manager
Grande Prairie, Alberta
Employment Type: Full Time - Salaried
As the Brand Support Manager you will be a key partner and resource in championing operational support and technical training to Pomeroy Lodging’s family of hotels. You will achieve excellence by acting as the voice of the guest in all strategic brand initiatives; always keeping the guest’s brand experience, brand perception and our internal people growth front of mind. Additionally you will act as a liaison between Brand and People & Culture to help support the growth of the organization’s internal branding; the marriage of our people’s behaviours and our brand story.
- Utilizes operational experience to assist General Managers in people and succession planning with a forward view to building capacity based on anticipated organizational growth; using every opportunity to strengthen each hotel team with a focus on productivity, efficiency and value alignment.
- Champions systems and operational training in all new property openings and acquisitions. Supports all new property openings and acquisitions by working in collaboration with the Director of Purchasing to ensure all brand standards are clearly communicated and in place at the time of a new property opening.
- Crafts guest experience audit templates for each property and conducts an annual inspection for each hotel that is focused on the guest experience and brand integrity. Using POGO reports, current online feedback and other guest information trends to ensure each hotel visit is focused on the hotel’s weakest brand links. In addition, you will check guest rooms, public guest areas and ensure consistency of brand hallmarks and standards. Produce written reports to fix what needs fixing, document best practices and support the property on action plans to make the business better.
- Measures guest satisfaction through POGO guest feedback processes; compiling the data to create reports that identify opportunities for improvement and communicates those opportunities to all stakeholders. Provides support and training to the hotels in developing initiatives to drive guest experience and increase scores in all areas.
- Monitor all guest feedback channels inclusive of Digital Alchemy, Trip Advisor, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Google.com etc. Track and analyze complaints and issues to understand trends and root causes; collaborate with General Managers to agree potential solutions.
Education & Experience:
- Post-Secondary Diploma or Degree
- Minimum of 3 years of hotel General Manager experience
- Advanced hands on working knowledge of MSI and I-Hotelier
This position may work long days and/or week ends to meet periodic upturn in business demands or meet deadlines. Frequent travel up to three weeks a month will be required for operational support, technical training and guest experience audits. This position is set in a fast-paced environment, with high levels of interaction with employees, guests and other stakeholders. The position can be based out of Corporate Office or a Home Office outside of Grande Prairie.