Grande Prairie, Alberta
Employment Type: Full Time - Hourly
As a Banquet Server you are authorized to exceed guest expectations and maximize food & beverage revenue each and every shift. You will achieve excellence by provide our guests with efficient and friendly food and beverage service while remaining focused on upholding the highest standards in guest service while delivering against key financial goals and performance metrics for the department.
Some of the Banquet Server duties include:
- Complete all opening/closing duties, extra side duties and other checklists to the best of your ability. Never leaving it for the next shift to complete.
- Own the guest’s sense of arrival by monitoring the cleanliness and readiness of the restaurant/lounge and in particular the bar. This includes the wood top, ice wells, beer taps, liquor guns, display shelving, coolers, garbage receptacles and dishwasher area.
- Sell the food and beverage specials, menu features and benefits and up-sell. This requires excellent product knowledge and advanced communication skills.
- Secure and regulates the control of all hard liquor, beer, wine, coolers etc. by ensuring cabinets and storage areas are locked when not in use; completing inventory with care and accuracy. Taking special care in proper documentation of requisitions, transfers and spillage.
- Own the guest experience.
Servers have a great deal of impact as they are in constant contact with our guests and are extremely influential to the overall guest experience. Servers spend most of their time on their feet, and are frequently required to respond quickly in fast paced and noisy environments.
Multiple shifts available
- Previous experience in a bartender/server position an asset
- Ability to remain calm under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Computer Savvy
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to Multi-task