Evening Front Office Supervisor
Grande Prairie, Alberta
Employment Type: Full Time - Hourly
Job Summary: As a Front Desk Supervisor you are authorized to exceed guest expectations and maximize room revenue each and every shift. You will achieve excellence by supporting the Front Desk Agents on your shift in making business decisions that are focused on upholding the highest standards in guest service while delivering against key financial goals and performance metrics for the department. You will deliver this support through new hire training, ongoing coaching, providing daily feedback and leading by example.
Some of the Front Desk Supervisor's duties are:
- Presenting self and the Front Desk Agents on your shift as a great first impression by being in uniform with name tag and professionally groomed.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are two skills that support excellent service; your ability to make the guest’s stay hassle free is tied directly to accuracy in making reservations, posting room charges, handling cash, settling room folios to credit cards, writing log entries, and making detailed lists for yourself.
- Cross Selling and using the Pass the Buck$ referral program to help your sister hotels in being successful.
- Effectively respond and address concerns both with our guests and with our co-workers; this can require high levels of patience to defuse anger and collect accurate information to resolve conflict.
- Demonstrates and fosters good co-operation and regular exchange of information with all departments, the FDM, Housekeeping team, Maintenance and the Hotel General Manager.
- Minimum 1000 hours or 6 months of hands on experience in a Front Desk position.
- Post-Secondary education in a related field is always recommended
- Excellent listening, comprehension and communication skills required
- Possess a strong leadership attitude
- Computer savvy
- Ability to multi-task, produce accurate work against hard deadlines
Working Conditions: The Front Desk is the pulse of the hotel, the front line of all guest services, the most plugged in place in the hotel, operating 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year. Front Desk Agents may experience:
- Long periods of standing and interacting with the guest
- Shifts that are required will be dayshift or afternoon/evening shifts any day of the week or weekend
- Periods of working alone
- Due to the location of our front desk at the entrance to our hotels Front Desk Agents will be exposed to brief periods of cold to very cold air in the winter as front doors open and close