Fort St. John, British Columbia
Last Day to Apply: June 30, 2019
Employment Type: Full Time - Hourly
As the Maintenance Engineer you are authorized to the exceed guest expectation by creating “picture perfect” guest experiences throughout the hotel each and every shift. You will achieve excellence by facilitating the day-to-day maintenance of the property including minor repairs and improvements, preventative maintenance, championing life & safety standards, collaborating with Corporate Office on major repairs and improvements and supporting other operational departments. Your efforts will align to deliver the best quality products, improve both guest and employee satisfaction and deliver against key financial goals and performance metrics for your department.
A Maintenance Engineer will perform some or all of the following duties:
- Inspecting the condition of the property is an important part of the job; maintain and promptly repair what you can. Document and report immediately all deficiencies you can’t fix.
- Meeting with your team daily, weekly and monthly; keeping your people informed of property and corporate goals. Achieving a target of 50% conversion ratio on all incoming inquiries
- Guarding our guests and your own personal safety and security is paramount; you must know and practice all emergency procedures for the hotel and policies that protect the privacy and security of our guests and yourself.
- Owning the guest experience by maintaining the physical building, grounds, guest rooms, and amenities to their fullest potential.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety variables in situations where only limited resources/solutions exists. Must be able to respond to emergencies when not on site.
- Requires basic understanding of HVAC, electrical, plumbing and carpentry concepts
- Previous certification or hotel maintenance an asset
- Excellent listening, communication and multi-tasking skills required
- Ability to compute and manipulate mathematical calculations
- Proficient in English
- Attention to detail and pride in a quality
The Hotel operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year. In addition to the routine maintenance and repairs of the physical hotel, the Maintenance Engineer is also expected to be on call for Emergency situations and must be able to respond to emergencies when not on site. Maintenance Engineers may experience:
- Require long periods of standing and bending
- Continuous physical movement during work hours
- Lifting, pushing or pulling up to but not limited to 75lbs
- Periods of working alone