Event Manager (Wedding & Social)
Kananaskis Village, Alberta
Last Day to Apply: August 16, 2019
Employment Type: Full Time - Salaried
Come Work with Us and Live the Adventure
Event Manager (Wedding & Social)
Live the adventure and work for a resort with unlimited opportunities designed for hospitality professionals like you. Real life, hands on training and learning opportunities designed to teach you the day to day operation of a world class mountain resort. We will help you achieve excellence by mentoring you with some of the best talent in the industry. At the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge, we are growing leaders.
Located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge is a world class mountain resort property featuring 408 guest rooms, 5 unique Food & Beverage outlets, conference facilities, Alberta’s first Nordic spa and staff accommodations. All surrounded by untouched beauty and rugged mountain peaks in the Canadian Rockies and conveniently located one hour west of Calgary and forty five minutes south of Banff and Canmore.
We are looking for an Event Manager (Wedding and Social)
We are looking for an excellent team player with a keen interest in learning about the world of hotel sales and events. Knowledge of hotel operations would be a great asset to the success of this individual. You have the ability to manage yourself to achieve your goals and targets, while collaborating with the rest of team to further the overall goals of the business.
As an Event Manager, you will use your leadership skills to ensure the success of the Sales & Marketing division with a singular focus on the wedding and social market. You will be responsible for selling and servicing events, while collaborating with the Director of Events, Director of Sales, and the hotel operations team to ensure successful execution of those events.
Your work experience will include event operations and/or frontline Food and Beverage, with leadership experience preferred. Our top candidate will be self-motivated and self-managed, with 4-star guest experience and achieving results being at the forefront of everything they do.
Experience the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge here: https://vimeo.com/261927699
Amazing Work Perks:
- Personal days: 4 per year after 6 months of continued full-time employment
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 5 of our dining outlets
- Growth and development opportunities, both personal and professional
- One meal per day in our employee cafeteria (taxable benefit)
- Discounts on activities offered through our Activities Committee: Skydiving, Yoga, Golf Passes, Ski/Snowboard Passes, to name a few
- Shuttle access to Calgary, Banff, and the Big 3 Ski Resorts
- Health and Wellness benefits, including; Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Dental, Medical, Vision, Chiropractic, Massage, and more (some restrictions may apply)
- Vacation is accrued starting on your first day of work at a rate of 4% of your earnings
- Marriott Destinations membership providing you with discounted room rates and food and beverage discounts at any of Marriott’s chain of hotels
Apply now or visit us to learn more information at www.livetheadventure.ab.ca