Food and Beverage Supervisor
Fort St. John, British Columbia
Last Day to Apply: April 24, 2019
Employment Type: Full Time - Hourly
Job Summary: As a Food & Beverage Supervisor you are authorized to exceed guest expectations and maximize revenue each and every shift. You will achieve excellence by supporting all front of the house employees on your shift in making business decisions that are focused on upholding the highest standards in guest service while delivering against key financial goals and performance metrics for the department. You will deliver this support through assisting in new hire training, ongoing coaching, providing daily feedback and leading by example.
Some of the Food & Beverage Supervisor's duties are:
- Demonstrates and fosters good co-operation and regular exchange of information with all shifts both front of house and back of house; and when applicable across all departments within the hotel.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, responding promptly however busy and whatever time of day; willing to go the extra mile and instilling this in your people.
- Prepared for their shift by arriving early, and if applicable, to discuss with the previous shift any issues or guest follow up required. Able to effectively plan out their shift and the activities of their people in the pursuit or excellent service delivery. Uses any downtime to plan ahead.
- Vigilant to protect the asset, our guests and our people; ensuring responsible service of both food and alcohol. Diligent in following, to the letter of the law, all local and provincial health & safety, food handling, alcohol service and video lottery terminal laws.
- Actively seeking out feedback on your performance and expecting your Manager to be able to provide you with the coaching and mentoring you need to be successful and progress your career.
- Minimum 1000 hours or 6 month of hands on experience in a serving position
- Ability to remain calm under pressure while working in a fast-paced environment
- Computer savvy
- Excellent communication skills, ability to multi-task and organize, produce accurate work and guest service
- Excellent listening and comprehension skills required.
Working Conditions: Supervisors have a great deal of impact as they are in constant contact with our guests and are extremely influential to the overall guest experience. They often spend most of their time on their feet, and are frequently required to respond quickly in fast paced and noisy environments. This position may experience:
- Long periods of standing and interacting with the guest
- Shifts work is required. Rotating based on the hours of operation from morning to afternoon to evening shifts any day of the week or weekend
- Periods of working under pressure to serve guests quickly and efficiently.
- Due to the location of our restaurants, supervisors may be exposed to brief periods of cold to very cold air in the winter as front doors open and close