Casino Shift Manager
Fort St. John, British Columbia
Last Day to Apply: July 31, 2019
Employment Type: Full Time - Hourly
Directs activities of supervisors and dealers engaged in providing services to guests and in maintaining facilities and equipment of table games by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Major Responsibilities & Duties:
- Serves as a dynamic and energetic leader, fostering teamwork, employee morale, motivation and open communication.
- Must maintain the strictest confidence of all confidential information
- Continuously provides ideas to expand the business or develop new business, and ensure casino team and guest retention.
- Develops, trains and mentors employees. Completes performance appraisals and administers disciplinary action
- Establish, Adhere, and Support all policies, procedures, and guidelines of Pomeroy Lodging, British Columbia Lottery Corporation, and the Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch.
- Conduct performance reviews in accordance with Policies, procedures, and guidelines; provide feedback; coaching and development guidance as needed.
- Participates in monthly department meetings
- Authorize staffing level requirements
- Delegating duties when necessary.
- Review budgets to attainment the company’s strategic objectives
- Reviews and investigates incidents that have occurred at the casino.
- Represents Chances Casino at various community events.
- Performs all the essential functions of the Gaming Team.
- The Shift Manager will demonstrate leadership and a professional image to all guests, associates, local community representatives, vendors, competitors and governing agencies, while maintaining company standards for guest satisfaction, team satisfaction, quality assurance, and asset protection.
- Establishes and maintains current departmental policies and procedures. Insures operations of Fiscal areas are in accordance with internal controls.
- Assists audit preparations.
- Implements computerized systems. Evaluates and makes recommendations on Casino internal controls.
- Provides ongoing recognition and engagement to all team members.
- Promote safe work practices by providing safety instruction, conducting audits, and attending company safety meetings
- Oversee all aspects of the Table Games Department
- Any other duties that may be assigned periodically
Skills, Knowledge, & Abilities Required:
- Proven leadership abilities
- Proven to be detail oriented, reliable, punctual, efficient and diligent in duties and responsibilities.
- Must be self-motivated, be able to multi task, great attention to detail and be well organized
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
Experience, Training, Certification, & Education:
- Must be 19+
- Must enjoy entertaining and communication with the public
- Knowledge in all Table Games including Poker is an asset.
- Extensive understanding of casino operations.
- Intermediate Computer Knowledge
- Must be able to work all shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to hold an GPEB Gaming License
- Ability to hold a Serving IT Right Certificate
- Ability to pass all BCLC required certifications such as ART L1 & 2, GSO, VSE L1 & 2, AML and Privacy Awareness, as well as added courses as needed.
- Liaise with Game-Sense Advisors as required and promoting Game-Sense to our guests.
- Responsible for providing professional and exceptional customer service in accordance with established company standards
- Be an advocate for Superior Customer Service: Lead-By-Example and demonstrate the “Eye, Hi, See you soon”, and 5 core value model during every interaction (Family, Winning, Industry, Quality, and Honesty).
- Identify opportunities to improve Operational Standards and efficiencies.
- A passion for providing Great Experiences and Memories to our internal and external guests in the continual quest of achieving service excellence
- Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time, kneel, run, and bend.
- Busy casino environment with constant loud noise
- Ability to pull, and carry objects up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work under pressure with speed and accuracy and is self-motivated
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively written and orally.