Full-Time Front Desk Agent
Posted On: November 29, 2019
Employment Type: Full Time - Hourly
Must be available to work morning, afternoon, and night shifts.
Job Summary:As a Front Desk Agent you are authorized to exceed guest expectations and maximize room revenue each and every shift. You will achieve excellence by making business decisions that are focused on upholding the highest standards in guest service while delivering against key financial goals and performance metrics for the department. We commit to giving you the training, tools, support and feedback required to be successful; achieving excellence is up to you.
Front Desk Agent perform some or all of the following duties:
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Adhere to all standard operating procedures and understand all hotel processes and policies
- Selling the hotel’s features and benefits over the phone, and in person at the front desk, and securing the reservation (sale) is a daily activity requiring excellent product knowledge and advanced communication skills.
- Respond to guest concerns by seeking to understand and resolve all issues prior to the guest’s departure
- Previous experience an asset
- Post-Secondary education in a related field is an asset
- Computer Savvy
- Proficient in English
- Attention to detail and pride in one’s work.
- Advanced communication skills
Working Conditions:The Front Desk is the pulse of the hotel, the front line of all guest services, the most plugged in place in the hotel, operating 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year.
- Long periods of standing
- Periods of working alone
- Due to the location of our front desk in our hotels, Front Desk Agents will be exposed to brief periods of cold to very cold air in the winter as front doors open and close