Kananaskis Village, Alberta
Last Day to Apply: January 31, 2019
Employment Type: Full Time - Salaried
Come Work with Us and Live the Adventure
Live the adventure and work for a resort with unlimited opportunities designed for hospitality professionals like you. Real life, hands on training and learning opportunities designed to teach you the day to day operation of a first class mountain resort. We will help you achieve excellence by mentoring you with some of the best talent in the industry. At the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge, we are growing leaders.
Located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge is a world class mountain resort property featuring 408 guest rooms, 5 unique Food & Beverage outlets, conference facilities, spa and wellness center and staff accommodations. All surrounded by untouched beauty and rugged mountain peaks in the Canadian Rockies and conveniently located one hour west of Calgary and forty five minutes south of Banff and Canmore.
We are looking for a Tour Coordinator
We are looking for an excellent team player with strong administrative and organization skills. You will be reporting to the Tour Sales Manager and Director of Sales & Marketing. This position is a supportive role focusing on the necessary day-to-day administrative duties that will sustain the operation of our tour business.
As the Tour Coordinator, you will be responsible for assisting the Tour Sales Manager in the building and contracting of group blocks, as well as providing additional support on site tours and at client events for prospective clients. You will be instrumental in setting other departments up for success by collecting, arranging and coordinating details for incoming group arrivals via the Tour Summary Report, and through attending daily operations and BEO meetings. You will be responsible for building accurate & detailed tour blocks, drafting thorough contracts, overseeing the scheduling of prepayment, arrangement of group meals and creation of detailed Banquet Event Orders (BEOs), assisting Front Office in the arrival experience of inbound groups, preparing detailed group agendas, and assisting with client proposals through maintaining daily tour stats. You will also work closely with reservations to ensure proper rate codes and segment tracking are used.
Skills, Experience, and Education
- Previous experience with Opera, CI/TY, Excel, and E-mail an asset
- Previous Front Office experience, Sales, or Reservations experience
- Previous experience in high volume administration with proven detail orientation, and high organization skills
- Superior guest service skills
- Problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills with strong product knowledge of the Lodge
- Strong time managements skills
Experience the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge here: https://vimeo.com/261927699
Amazing Work Perks:
- Personal days: 4 per year after 6 months of continued full-time employment
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 5 of our dining outlets
- Growth and development opportunities, both personal and professional
- Onsite staff accommodations ($8.25-$13.50/day), which include a residence convenience store and employee gym
- One meal per day in our employee cafeteria (taxable benefit)
- Discounts on activities offered through our Activities Committee: Skydiving, Yoga, Golf Passes, Ski/Snowboard Passes, to name a few
- Shuttle access to Calgary, Banff, and the Big 3 Ski Resorts
- Health and Wellness benefits (some restrictions may apply)
- Vacation is accrued starting on your first day of work at a rate of 4% of your earnings
- Marriott Destinations membership providing you with discounted room rates and food and beverage discounts at any of Marriott’s chain of hotels
Apply now or visit us to learn more information at www.livetheadventure.ab.ca