Kananaskis Village, Alberta
Last Day to Apply: December 07, 2018
Employment Type: Full Time - Hourly
Come Work with Us and Live the Adventure
Shift Engineer / Maintenance Technician
Live the adventure and work for a resort with unlimited opportunities designed for hospitality professionals like you. Real life, hands on training and learning opportunities designed to teach you the day to day operation of a first class mountain resort. We will help you achieve excellence by mentoring you with some of the best talent in the industry. At the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge, we are growing leaders.
Located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge is a world class mountain resort property featuring 408 guest rooms, 5 unique Food & Beverage outlets, conference facilities, spa and wellness centre and staff accommodations. All surrounded by untouched beauty and rugged mountain peaks in the Canadian Rockies and conveniently located one hour west of Calgary and forty five minutes south of Banff and Canmore.
We are looking for a Shift Engineer / Maintenance Technician
The Engineering Department’s employees are the keepers of maintaining the hotel. You are responsible for repairing and maintaining the hotel’s physical structure in accordance with Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge’s standards for quality, cleanliness, guest satisfaction, safety and of course acknowledging guests with a smile and an “I can make it happen attitude”.
As a Maintenance Technician, you are responsible for the general maintenance of the buildings, including guest rooms, public spaces, and back of the house areas for needed preventative maintenance, along with repairs to carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, and taking meter readings. You are responsible for records and reports of completed repairs and items that need further attention. You will be a member of the fire response team, responding to alarms to ensure the safety of guests and employees.
You will be considered for this role if you have previous related experience, general knowledge of building maintenance, knowledge of basic hand and power tools, able to lift heavy objects, are able to work unsupervised and on varying shifts, and can demonstrate excellent communication skills.
Experience the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge here: https://vimeo.com/261927699
Amazing Work Perks:
- Personal days: 4 per year after 6 months of continued full-time employment
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 5 of our dining outlets
- Growth and development opportunities, both personal and professional
- Onsite staff accommodations ($8.25-$13.50/day), which include a residence convenience store and employee gym
- One meal per day in our employee cafeteria (taxable benefit)
- Discounts on activities offered through our Activities Committee: Skydiving, Yoga, Golf Passes, Ski/Snowboard Passes, to name a few
- Shuttle access to Calgary, Banff, and the Big 3 Ski Resorts
- Health and Wellness benefits, including; Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Dental, Medical, Vision, Chiropractic, Massage, and more (some restrictions may apply)
- Vacation is accrued starting on your first day of work at a rate of 4% of your earnings
- Marriott Destinations membership providing you with discounted room rates and food and beverage discounts at any of Marriott’s chain of hotels
Apply now or visit us to learn more information at www.livetheadventure.ab.ca