Kananaskis Village, Alberta
Last Day to Apply: August 17, 2018
Employment Type: Part Time - Hourly
Come Work with Us and Live the Adventure
Live the adventure and work for a resort with unlimited opportunities designed for hospitality professionals like you. Real life, hands on training and learning opportunities designed to teach you the day to day operation of a first class mountain resort. We will help you achieve excellence by mentoring you with some of the best talent in the industry. At the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge, we are growing leaders.
Located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge is a world class mountain resort property featuring 408 guest rooms, 5 unique Food & Beverage outlets, conference facilities, spa and wellness centre and staff accommodations. All surrounded by untouched beauty and rugged mountain peaks in the Canadian Rockies and conveniently located one hour west of Calgary and forty five minutes south of Banff and Canmore.
We are looking for a Pool Attendant
Working in our Housekeeping Division, you will enjoy being part of a team that creates an atmosphere of exceeding guest expectations by creating “picture perfect” guest experiences throughout the aquatic area of our resort. From the lobby right through to the guest room itself, the guests’ first impression around cleanliness is a powerful and lasting one. You are responsible to clean the following in the aquatic centre: all guest and staff washrooms, all guest and back spaces including walls, windows and elevator landings, the pool deck and indoor/outdoor hot tub, while surpassing quality standards. You will also be responsible for the order and cleanliness of the aquatic centre storage areas. You will be required to identify and communicate all maintenance deficiencies, respond to guest requests promptly and courteously, follow lost and found procedures, and respect the guest privacy, security and personal belongings.
In order to be successfully considered for this role, housekeeping or professional cleaning experience is an asset. You will have the ability to bend, stand, and reach for extended periods of time through the day, along with push a cart totalling 50 lbs several times throughout your shift. You have a high standard for details, and you enjoy being physically active and busy.
Why the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge
We are for the Hospitalians; those with an authentic passion to serve guests, who delight in delivering memorable experiences and seek to engage and build meaningful relationships. We are for the adventure enthusiast; those who want to explore nature’s beauty from their front door, who are ready to gear up for an adventure exploring the back country in the serenity of the Rockies.
Amazing Work Perks:
- Personal days: 4 per year after 6 months of continued full-time employment
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 5 of our dining outlets
- Growth and development opportunities, both personal and professional
- Onsite staff accommodations ($8.25-$13.50/day), which include a residence convenience store and employee gym
- One meal per day in our employee cafeteria (taxable benefit)
- Discounts on activities offered through our Activities Committee: Skydiving, Yoga, Golf Passes, Ski/Snowboard Passes, to name a few
- Shuttle access to Calgary, Banff, and the Big 3 Ski Resorts
- Health and Wellness benefits, including; Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Dental, Medical, Vision, Chiropractic, Massage, and more (some restrictions may apply)
- Vacation is accrued starting on your first day of work at a rate of 4% of your earnings
- Marriott Destinations membership providing you with discounted room rates and food and beverage discounts at any of Marriott’s chain of hotels
Apply now or visit us to learn more information at www.livetheadventure.ab.ca