Kananaskis Village, Alberta
Last Day to Apply: September 30, 2018
Employment Type: Full Time - Hourly
Come Work with Us and Live the Adventure
Live the adventure and work for a resort with unlimited opportunities designed for hospitality professionals like you. Real life, hands on training and learning opportunities designed to teach you the day to day operation of a first class mountain resort. We will help you achieve excellence by mentoring you with some of the best talent in the industry. At the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge, we are growing leaders.
Located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge is a world class mountain resort property featuring 408 guest rooms, 5 unique Food & Beverage outlets, conference facilities, spa and wellness centre and staff accommodations. All surrounded by untouched beauty and rugged mountain peaks in the Canadian Rockies and conveniently located one hour west of Calgary and forty five minutes south of Banff and Canmore.
We are looking for Bartenders
We are looking for an excellent team player with 4* characteristics and experience. As a bartender in our food and beverage outlets, you are expected to exceed guest expectations and maximize food and beverage revenue each and every shift. You will achieve excellence by providing your guests with efficient and friendly service. Reporting to the Restaurant leadership team, the primary responsibilities are serving guests at the bar, fulfilling all servers’ bar orders, maximizing your food and bar knowledge, assisting with bar menu creation, providing superior wine service, accurate completion of billing, and opening and closing of your bar. You may be expected to run food in your outlet and assist in other areas of our food & beverage operation. You are detail-oriented, customer-focused, and always follow through with all tasks with a strong drive to succeed!
In order to be successfully be considered for this role you will have 2+ years previous experience bartending in a fine-dining or upscale establishment, the ability to remain calm under pressure, have a strong ability to multi-task and organize, produce accurate work and provide exceptional guest service. Top candidates will have completed WSET (level 1 minimum).
Why the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge
We are for the Hospitalians; those with an authentic passion to serve guests, who delight in delivering memorable experiences and seek to engage and build meaningful relationships. We are for the adventure enthusiast; those who want to explore nature’s beauty from their front door, who are ready to gear up for an adventure exploring the back country in the serenity of the Rockies.
Amazing Work Perks:
- Personal days: 4 per year after 6 months of continued full-time employment
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 5 of our dining outlets
- Growth and development opportunities, both personal and professional
- Onsite staff accommodations ($8.25-$13.50/day), which include a residence convenience store and employee gym
- One meal per day in our employee cafeteria (taxable benefit)
- Discounts on activities offered through our Activities Committee: Skydiving, Yoga, Golf Passes, Ski/Snowboard Passes, to name a few
- Shuttle access to Calgary, Banff, and the Big 3 Ski Resorts
- Health and Wellness benefits, including; Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Dental, Medical, Vision, Chiropractic, Massage, and more (some restrictions may apply)
- Vacation is accrued starting on your first day of work at a rate of 4% of your earnings
- Marriott Destinations membership providing you with discounted room rates and food and beverage discounts at any of Marriott’s chain of hotels
Apply now or visit us to learn more information at www.livetheadventure.ab.ca