Family Activities Coordinator
Kananaskis Village, Alberta
Last Day to Apply: July 31, 2018
Employment Type: Full Time - Hourly
Come Work with Us and Live the Adventure
Family Activities Coordinator
Live the adventure and work for a resort with unlimited opportunities designed for hospitality professionals like you. Real life, hands on training and learning opportunities designed to teach you the day to day operation of a first class mountain resort. We will help you achieve excellence by mentoring you with some of the best talent in the industry. At the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge, we are growing leaders.
Located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge is a world class mountain resort property featuring 408 guest rooms, 5 unique Food & Beverage outlets, conference facilities, spa and wellness centre and staff accommodations. All surrounded by untouched beauty and rugged mountain peaks in the Canadian Rockies and conveniently located one hour west of Calgary and forty five minutes south of Banff and Canmore.
We are looking for Family Activities Coordinator
The Family Activities Coordinator is enthusiastic, creative, positive and outgoing. This individual is passionate about providing exceptional service for guests of all ages through a wide variety of activities. The successful candidate will be welcoming, engaging, and empowering. Open to change, and quick to adapt to varying needs of hotel clientele, the Family Activities Coordinator will be responsible for organizing and supervising the guest activities every weekend and be responsible for creating new activities to offer each month and during special events. This position requires exceptional organizational skills and the ability to work independently and unsupervised. Responsibilities also include supervising staff and function help during programming and activities, event planning and developing programs, reporting to manager about quality of activities and staff performance, being responsible for department quality of service and operations, developing independent projects and reporting to manager, scheduling, organizing the operation for programs and special events, providing performance reviews, and other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have enthusiasm, creativity, positivity, and an outgoing personality. They will be able to communicate comfortably with all levels of ages and leadership within the hotel. They also will need to be able to obtain their Vulnerable Sector Check.
Why the Pomeroy Kananaskis Mountain Lodge
We are for the Hospitalians; those with an authentic passion to serve guests, who delight in delivering memorable experiences and seek to engage and build meaningful relationships. We are for the adventure enthusiast; those who want to explore nature’s beauty from their front door, who are ready to gear up for an adventure exploring the back country in the serenity of the Rockies.
Amazing Work Perks:
- Personal days: 4 per year after 6 months of continued full-time employment
- Food and Beverage discounts at ALL 5 of our dining outlets
- Growth and development opportunities, both personal and professional
- Onsite staff accommodations ($8.25-$13.50/day), which include a residence convenience store and employee gym
- One meal per day in our employee cafeteria (taxable benefit)
- Discounts on activities offered through our Activities Committee: Skydiving, Yoga, Golf Passes, Ski/Snowboard Passes, to name a few
- Shuttle access to Calgary, Banff, and the Big 3 Ski Resorts
- Health and Wellness benefits, including; Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Dental, Medical, Vision, Chiropractic, Massage, and more (some restrictions may apply)
- Vacation is accrued starting on your first day of work at a rate of 4% of your earnings
- Marriott Destinations membership providing you with discounted room rates and food and beverage discounts at any of Marriott’s chain of hotels
Apply now or visit us to learn more information at www.livetheadventure.ab.ca